Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuttering Freak Brother Update No.72

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'll take the one who isn't constantly pursuing a Darwin Award.
    You know, that's really a difficult one. Chavis's brother sounds like an absolute badass. Stealing cars, and playing pool are top 2 on a lot of women's lists for ideal man qualities. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a few rape spawn, or has only had deer vagina his entire life.

Now if it were a question of you vs chal-lite, I'll take the one who takes on bigger, stronger opponents than innocent kittens.
    I have to warn you. I've been training in aikido. There's a catocalypse coming soon, so I've been getting ready for it. Although going out on a limb here, and assuming the breadth of your knowledge when it comes to martial arts, I'll assume you're missing the joke.
    Ellipses go here.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Anyplace that won't have Macky isn't good enough for me either.
    Spoiler: Show
    You're going to have to renege on that once I get banned here.

On a topic related note, I have postponed writing my brother all day. I haven't talked to him in 2 years but it would only be prudent to bury one of the hatchets before he shows up at my place next weekend. Family is flying in from Colorado (on account of a 40-year HS reunion) and it prompted my sister to come down from NY. Now there's a family gathering of sorts that I'll be hosting. I've put off communicating with said estranged brother because I don't really want to be forced to exclaim it's his vast ignorance that's the root of me not wanting anything to do with him (even if he's the only family I have in the vicinity). One way or the other, I can't seem to find a method to spirit away my discomfort of the situation.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    I have to warn you. I've been training in aikido. There's a catocalypse coming soon, so I've been getting ready for it. Although going out on a limb here, and assuming the breadth of your knowledge when it comes to martial arts, I'll assume you're missing the joke.
    I always pictured you as more the Akita style- treeing cats, chasing cars, howling at sirens.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I always pictured you as more the Akita style- treeing cats, chasing cars, howling at sirens.
    There's more to it than that. I also sneak into bed with your wife when you're not around, pissed all over your car, and dragged my naked ass all over your carpet.

And To think you've been doing doggy-style all these years.
    Ellipses go here.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    There's more to it than that. I also sneak into bed with your wife when you're not around, pissed all over your car, and dragged my naked ass all over your carpet.

And To think you've been doing doggy-style all these years.
    Hope you get mange.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-17-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    I've had terrible luck trying to reconcile with estranged family members. I end up regretting it every time I try. I'm sure there is something hard-wired into us genetically that makes us feel some connection (maybe it's simply history, or need to know we belong to a group)- it sure as hell isn't logic.

I wish you luck. I assume you must have some good relatives in the bunch who make hosting the gathering worthwhile. Focus on them, not "the problem"...

As for the discussion with the brother...must the discussion be head-on? Perhaps instead of "vast ignorance", it could be softened to "different paths, interests, and views"- these things keep a lot of people apart. You don't have to be best buds, you just want to get past the few days without an explosion/confrontation. His failings don't really have any bearing on your life, so there is no need to take offense of them. Do your best to keep the interactions light in nature- maybe try to think of him as a co-worker you don't particularly enjoy working with, but find confrontation with him to be harmful and without benefit. Just don't commit to any future plans with him that you'll regret- nothing concrete; nothing one-on-one personal (that type of get together is more difficult to cancel out on later). If he wants to make plans, try to turn it into a group gathering that you can get out of if need be. By then, the reunion will be over, and he can get butthurt about it without you, or your guests, having to deal with him.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I think I'm having a difficult time sorting it out because I don't know how to deal with dumb people. You recall the kind of blatant unawareness and just straight up ignorance that you find in the invite section? That's about the level my brother is at. When you normally have rationale, logic and deductive reasoning as effective tools in conversation and relating from one person to another, then having those rendered useless, it's a bit frustrating to say the least. It's like asking me to use a screwdriver, plyers, and an allen wrench to use as ingredients in chocolate pudding.

The views apart (he lacks any) and even his ignorance were things that I tolerated for a little while once we started talking again the first time (he had a bit of a troubled past, not much unlike chavis's brother with the drugs, jail, suicide threats, and other shit). He started getting his shit in order, found a wife, maintained a job, spends $2000/year on costumes for their chihuahua, you know the typical American life. He started asking for my help and would get agitated when I explained some of the things I recommended (he just wanted answers without all the words). It's when he started merging his ignorance with insecurity and began a tirade accusing me of trying to dictate his life and drive a wedge between him and his wife (over something so ridiculously inane, I can't even stomach the elaboration).

So I'm thinking ignoring the whole thing and remaining casually objective. I've gotten pretty good at that lately.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 10-17-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: see-saw
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    It's when he started merging his ignorance with insecurity
    Ouch! That is a BAD pairing. I've got different reasons for separating from my family, but the answer is the same- nothing good will come from fixing that relationship. He's toxic. Just do what you have to do to get through the reunion. I'd almost be tempted to ask him to not come. However, doing so would play into his hands of making you into the bad guy- similarly to the example you gave regarding the "wedge". I know the type, and just thinking about the situation has elevated my blood pressure.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I appreciate that this may sound harsh, but you've just got to let people go if they don't bring anything to your life. I don't believe in nepotism. If people want to spend time with me they don't automatically get to jump the queue because we're related; that would be unfair and against my meritocratic principles. In short, don't let emotions get between you and a sound logical decision.
    Chavis, Macky, your relatives sound like they come from the same spawn-pool as my sister. If I can let her die of cancer without breaking and avoid even sending birthday and Xmas cards to her sociopathic retarded son, and look each one of my extended family in the eye while I do it, you can wipe the family shits right out of your butt cracks with no problems. I have faith in you both

10. Lounge   -   #40
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    News just in from the front...

On remand and in demand, our kid has been pulled up on fresh internal charges for having redistributed his antipsychotic medication to his wing-mates. Knowing what I know of him, he wouldn't give away free drugs (unless under duress), so I imagine some manner of jail-bartering has taken place and the Man got wind of it. The immediate upshot is that he'll have his medication removed or he'll have to ingest it under scrutiny. I'm guessing the latter cos they really don't need to be managing our kid when he's not completely monged out on psyche meds.

The little cunt had the cheek to complain to my long-suffering mother that I don't come to visit him in prison. I got the guilt treatment over to phone from her, and I listened for about 5 minutes, before saying to myself 'fuck this', and spent the next half hour pinpointing exactly why I don't visit him; his treatment and flagrant disregard for her being the foremost motivation, or lack thereof. I made the error of telling her that he's 'no brother of mine', and I've been paying for it ever since.

Anyway, happy fucking christmas, our kid. This'll be another year where you fail to acknowledge your nieces and nephews, you selfish little toerag.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast