Thread: TL wait times

Z0M813's Avatar Poster
    So I got into TL the other day with their open signup. I was a little excited because their pre times are supposed to be better than anything I am in, good speed and all that. Then I get to the part about wait times, and I'm okay with double seeding from a different site until I'm past their wait table to full immediate access, even tough the recheck on data usually leaves me at less than 100% because I can just take the failed .3% from yet another site.

Now the clocks on releases indeed do indicate TL as the least amount of wait (by a very small margin mind you) for a premier, however the first one in real time out of my list of trackers is IPT. So why deal with all this hassle of either waiting patiently to snatch content and seed it or snatching it from two other trackers just to get out of wait times if the pre times actually aren't any better / are inferior?

What would I do if I didn't already have accounts on other trackers? Go through release after release of waiting over half a day and missing that critical seeding period until I eventually pass their requirement? Of course I could go VIP and skip all this hassle, which is made very very clear all over the site and irc which makes me think this massive open signups is obviously to solicit donations from new users.

The only thing I can see as an advantage to the site is a) if there are more seedboxes than everywhere else, b) that speeds are better because of this wait times policy and c) that once you pass wait times it's very easy to maintain high ratio (even though they require .4 lol)

So what's the deal, are all the reviews I've read outdated or am I missing something? I have 250gb a month and now seeding to at least two sites for
    every 0day release I enjoy.

"Quit bitching it's free", I know I'm just ranting. Sorry for the poorly composed post, its coming unedited from off the top of my head.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    r0bkupf's Avatar Wu-Tang Killa Beez
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0M813 View Post
    Of course I could go VIP and skip all this hassle, which is made very very clear all over the site and irc which makes me think this massive open signups is obviously to solicit donations from new users.
    this is the reason for the wait times c.r.e.a.m

if your looking for the best pretimes get on SCC.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    tryed checking?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0M813 View Post
    So I got into TL the other day with their open signup. I was a little excited because their pre times are supposed to be better than anything I am in, good speed and all that. Then I get to the part about wait times, and I'm okay with double seeding from a different site until I'm past their wait table to full immediate access, even tough the recheck on data usually leaves me at less than 100% because I can just take the failed .3% from yet another site.

Now the clocks on releases indeed do indicate TL as the least amount of wait (by a very small margin mind you) for a premier, however the first one in real time out of my list of trackers is IPT. So why deal with all this hassle of either waiting patiently to snatch content and seed it or snatching it from two other trackers just to get out of wait times if the pre times actually aren't any better / are inferior?

What would I do if I didn't already have accounts on other trackers? Go through release after release of waiting over half a day and missing that critical seeding period until I eventually pass their requirement? Of course I could go VIP and skip all this hassle, which is made very very clear all over the site and irc which makes me think this massive open signups is obviously to solicit donations from new users.

The only thing I can see as an advantage to the site is a) if there are more seedboxes than everywhere else, b) that speeds are better because of this wait times policy and c) that once you pass wait times it's very easy to maintain high ratio (even though they require .4 lol)

So what's the deal, are all the reviews I've read outdated or am I missing something? I have 250gb a month and now seeding to at least two sites for
    every 0day release I enjoy.

"Quit bitching it's free", I know I'm just ranting. Sorry for the poorly composed post, its coming unedited from off the top of my head.
    Explain to me your rational behind having more than two 0day sites or correspondingly why you would then feel the necessity to cross-seed or your preoccupation with pretime( ie getting something a tiny bit sooner on one tracker than another ) and I will explain to you the reason behind the wait times.

Btw that was a trick question as there is no reason other than greed to anything I asked.Also if you are (presumably) cross seeding on torrents with lots of seeder/leechers then accusing anyone else of dubious behavior is kind of ironic.
    If only your intelligence could be used for good instead of evil.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    people still use TL ? wow

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vBooM View Post
    people still use TL ? wow
    Why whats wrong with TL...I still get quite a lot of my stuff from there. Good speeds, a wide variety and of course easy to seed back. Checks all columns that go into making a good tracker.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by r0bkupf View Post
    this is the reason for the wait times c.r.e.a.m
    The "official" reason was that they didn't want hit and runs from new users on new torrents I think
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Since, in my over 4 years on there, I can't remember a single free leech ever, I don't think the "official" reason is as plausible as the "unofficial" reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Z0M813's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by r0bcupf View Post
    if your looking for the best pretimes get on SCC.
    Well I'll have to wait a while or get lucky, I dare not even think of asking here as my post count tells of how I'm a mindless n00b with no other intention other than leeching until I'm banned and taking down any invitee with me > .
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw that was a trick question as there is no reason other than greed to anything I asked.Also if you are (presumably) cross seeding on torrents with lots of seeder/leechers then accusing anyone else of dubious behavior is kind of ironic.
    Well I am greedy, despite seeding most everything indefinitely out of the kindness of my heart . As far as cross seeding being dubious, all their wikis say external seeding is kosher and even recommended, as long as they aren't merged torrents. Would you mind telling me why it is?
    I wouldn't say their strategy is dubious considering it is free and they opened signups for anybody (when I joined their irc I was prepared for an interview lol), I just can't discern why it would be more worth it to use TL over another site since I get no hassle at other sites. TL reminds me of a high school teacher or some kids parents when you're a kid that doesn't trust you with responsibility, I mean just ban them if they hit'n'run like any other site. I really have no reason to bitch now because I'm past their wait table now.