Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello guys : what happened to file share freak site?

Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Why is "FlLESHAREFREAK" on the list of banned words ... still?
    Good question. Why it was there to begin with was never fully clear to me - think it had something to do with stealing eD2K links or NZBs...

Quote Originally Posted by barclays View Post
    thanks anon
    but where it is in this site Archive.org..Because the site contains a downloadable things .. Where are these sites that contain warez and ddl forum sites ..
    If you don't know how to use it to access cached copies of old sites, I'm afraid there's not a lot I can do for you.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. File Sharing   -   #12

Surprised/Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Good question. Why it was there to begin with was never fully clear to me - think it had something to do with stealing eD2K links or NZBs...

thanks anon
    but where it is in this site Archive.org..Because the site contains a downloadable things .. Where are these sites that contain warez and ddl forum sites ..
    If you don't know how to use it to access cached copies of old sites, I'm afraid there's not a lot I can do for you.
    ok thanks anon for help .. I will try to do it but the site is hardly to do it ..

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    ok thanks anon for help .. I will try to do it but the site is hardly to do it ..

Just type File Share Freak.com in the WayBackMachine of Archive.org is right in the middle you cant miss it or just can click this http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/htt...hare Freak.com [Remove the spaces] , and pick any day like 24 feb and browse .
    Last edited by Progress; 10-07-2011 at 02:03 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    newsgroupie
    I'm waiting to see if any staff members will swoop in and edit these posts about a banned site -- and punish people for making them. At least that's the way it used to be here when FSF was still up and running, but somehow I suspect the heat is off since the site is long dead.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    I heard that Sharky died, but perhaps this is false and anon knows more than he is willing to share.
    Nope, there was a thread about this recently, so not being helpful at all is sort of my way to make people search. I know as much as you about what happened to sharky, to be honest.

Regarding alternatives, this forum and FILEnetworks.
    Still looking for alternatives myself. filenetworks was a good companion piece to have FSF, never really a replacement. Plus, their rate of producing articles has just nearly evaporated.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Progress View Post
    Just type File Share Freak.com in the WayBackMachine of Archive.org is right in the middle you cant miss it or just can click this http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/htt...hare Freak.com [Remove the spaces] , and pick any day like 24 feb and browse .
    Exactly. Note that will only show archived copies of those articles, and not all links may work. But it's very nice for reference. And it'll also work for almost any site which doesn't block the IA crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    Still looking for alternatives myself. filenetworks was a good companion piece to have FSF, never really a replacement. Plus, their rate of producing articles has just nearly evaporated.
    Besides fN I don't know any other good ones. There were a couple of "BT news" sites, but they merely copied and pasted news from trackers.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    thanks to all guys :
    to Progress and anon :
    its working and very thanks to discuss that ... its really not all links may work
    but its helped me ..

8. File Sharing   -   #18

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Exactly. Note that will only show archived copies of those articles, and not all links may work. But it's very nice for reference. And it'll also work for almost any site which doesn't block the IA crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiccup View Post
    Besides fN I don't know any other good ones. There were a couple of "BT news" sites, but they merely copied and pasted news from trackers.
    I remember those that did only/just that. Still, there those that attempted to become a FN or FSF caliber site, but just didn't maintain the site well enough or execute or the promise of news coverage. There's definitely a void that could be filled. I would do it myself, however, I would some other people to do it with me as I don't necessarily have the time at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12