Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extracting Audio; How's It Done?

HI All,
    I used TMPGEnc to convert a movie from Avi to MPEG1, the video is prime quality, but lost the audio.

I have a CD with VirtualDub 1.5.4 and tried to use that for converting, but the audio component is a bit, well very echoey (? if such a rod exists, doubt it though), and very irritating. The video isnt as great either.

Can anyone recommend how to get round this problem?
    It has been mentioned before that Virtual dub should be used to extract the audio but I dont know how to do it...any advice?

Thanks

Andy

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    open v dub then open your avi file then go to Audio-direct stream copy, then go to file-save wav, but i think u will will have to convert that wav file if u want to mux it back into your mpeg1, can i ask wot ur making? isit vcd?
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Exactly.. wanted to copy to VCD to take to family this weekend.

Andy

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    WhenI try to open the avi file in Virtual Dub I get the message that Virtual Dun has detected an impropre VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability and that this may introduce upto 16379ms skew from the video stream. ANd if this is unaaceptable, to decompress the whole audio track to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder.... Gulp!

Andy

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I have trial; version of WinMPG Video Convert which I have tried for a few mins of the movie, and it worked great... only problem is the "unregistered" text right in the middle of the screen....

Andy

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Andy D@12 November 2003 - 13:04
    WhenI try to open the avi file in Virtual Dub I get the message that Virtual Dun has detected an impropre VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability and that this may introduce upto 16379ms skew from the video stream. ANd if this is unaaceptable, to decompress the whole audio track to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder.... Gulp!

Andy
    That is nothing just go to audio>full processing mode and then file>save wav.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Cheers Gre1... doing that at the moment....

Andy

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Well I extracted the sound as a wav and tried to combine them in TMPGEnc, but after 4 hours I have only 5 minutes of movie, and an indication that another 61hrs are required. I've decided to switch it off and get some sleep.

Is this normal? Not getting sleep, but the length of time to code the movie in TMPGEnc.

Good night all....
    Andy

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    No it's not close down some programs that are running because it needs some memory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast