Thread: Problem With Downloading From Mirc

I decided to try and get files of mIRC for the first time.

I followed the tutorial in the Pinned topic, and I set up the mIRC client (I am using the version of mIRC which came with K-Lite) and searched for the Anger Management film on IRC Spy website.

But when I clicked on the packet number in order to actually get the file, the mIRC client opened up and it displayed an error message saying" Windows cannot find irc://irc.krimson.net/Movies-First. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. To search for a file click Start, then click Search."
    Then when I clicked the OK button at the bottom of that error message, a second one came up saying "Internet Explorer cannot open the helper application for irc://irc.krimson.net/Movies-First. The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the address is correct and try again."

So how do I get it to work then? No wonder many people say mIRC is difficult to use.
    Thanks for any advice.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    bump bump bump

Nobody on here knows the answer? Do you know an official mIRC forum where I can get help then?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Mate the link must be broken..Just connect to the server&channel manualy.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Ok thanks for the forum link and I'll try again with a different file (and hope and pray!!! )

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Seems like your IE doesn't know how to handle irc:// links. You say your using the mIRC version that came with K-Lite, just what version is that?

Try this...
    Un-install mIRC, go to www.mirc.com and download the newest version (6.12) of mIRC. After installing it, IE should be able to handle the links at IRCSpy just fine.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks. This new version I just downloaded is working fine!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@14 November 2003 - 09:03
    Thanks. This new version I just downloaded is working fine!
    Glad to hear it.