Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bush On His Way Out?

echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+17 November 2003 - 11:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 17 November 2003 - 11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by echidna+16 November 2003 - 20:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (echidna &#064; 16 November 2003 - 20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>they are used whith&nbsp; a joyous abandon in the USA
    [the USA using chemical weapons against it&#39;s own people&#33;
    but wasn&#39;t that just saddam? oh it&#39;s both.][/b]

Echidna-

Please document this for me.

BTW-Bush isn&#39;t going anywhere.

Quote me.

Please.[/b]

i imagine that you adhere to the double-speak that non leathal gas weapons aren&#39;t chemical weapons,
    that opinion is wrong, your military cannot use tear gas on the battle field due to the fact that they are chemical weapons.
    the rights and priviledges of citizenship are many and varied, aren&#39;t they.
    Originally posted by http://shadow.autono.net/sin001/seat...es/copmask.htm

COP PREPARED FOR GASSING DEMONSTRATORS AT SEATTLE WTO PROTEST
    Originally posted by http://www.urban75.com/Action/seattle4.html

Seattle N30 anti WTO demo photo from Independent Media Center, Cops pepper spray protesters
    <!--QuoteBegin-http://www.seattlevotermarch.com/sop/assets/images/pepper_spray_me&#045;wto.jpg
    @
    [/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-http://seattle.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2838

Fuck le Police
    by .. 10:09pm Sun Nov 9 &#39;03

That wall with the cops behind it did come down, yes it did. not in this section, down west in the red zone, with a long rope and a lot of bodies, they brought it down.

tons of teargas didn&#39;t help the city officials to earn favor with the city folk either....
    [/quote]

also see: http://www.vnh.org/MedAspChemBioWar/...chapter_12.htm
    i&#39;ve also seen photos of some great new inventions for US cops
    skirmish guns that shoot pellets full of mace or pepper spray instead of paint
    but i couldn&#39;t find them now,

so in the meantime think of this as the tip of an iceberg of documentation

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by echidna@16 November 2003 - 20:51

they are used whith&nbsp; a joyous abandon in the USA
    [the USA using chemical weapons against it&#39;s own people&#33;
    A couple of incidents at the Seattle summit fiasco amounts to "joyous abandon"?

Did you hear what the demonstrators did?

Some heavy-duty vandalism there-but I guess that goes by the boards, huh?

EDIT:

I will grant that pepper spray and tear gas fit the technical definition of chemical weaponry as long as you will likewise stipulate as to their non-lethality.

Your post is a textbook example of inflated rhetoric intended to overstate and mis-lead.

You know better than that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    With regard to all this "demonstration as free-speech" horseshit:

Demonstrate? Fine.

Protest? Again, fine.

Your right-some might even say your duty.

I defend that.

But to vandalize?

To obstruct?

I remember the anti-war protests in San Francisco involved blocking intersections in the city with people and tape and ropes tied across streets.

There were a couple instances of people (innocent people) dying in ambulances which were blockaded.

This fact didn&#39;t garner so much attention though, because, as a MEDIA event, it was much less spectacular than the protest itself, as news cameras were not present inside the ambulances to show that drama.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    BANNED
    I&#39;m not gonna get involved too much here, but I have Googled around and found several sites that claim these sprays have indeed caused deaths, and are not as non-lethal as claimed.

Here is one ...

Health Hazards of Pepper Spray

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Heh, the Seattle WTO "demonstration?" I&#39;d say parts of it were more like a riot.

But if you&#39;re going to show up at any demonstration with a gas-mask, you&#39;re asking for trouble. Mob mentality is a powerful thing, and it only takes one joker to spark it off.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 November 2003 - 08:46
    I&#39;m not gonna get involved too much here, but I have Googled around and found several sites that claim these sprays have indeed caused deaths, and are not as non-lethal as claimed.

Here is one ...

Health Hazards of Pepper Spray

Just as someone who is allergic to bee stings should shy away from bees, so should someone who has a similar aversion to pepper-spray avoid riots.

However, if such a person cannot forego his/her right to "protest", let the chips fall, I say.

Stupid is as stupid does.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@17 November 2003 - 23:49
    But if you&#39;re going to show up at any demonstration with a gas-mask, you&#39;re asking for trouble. Mob mentality is a powerful thing, and it only takes one joker to spark it off.
    what like all the cops

there seems to have been an image die back since last i went researching crowd control techniques
    so seattle was all i found on short notice
    [i think google might finally be getting swamped]

@j2k4 :: if you keep splitting hairs, you will end up cutting your fingers

yes i agree that they are dubbed &#39;non-lethal&#39; which is usually redefined by authorities using the weapons as &#39;less-lethal&#39;, so much less lethal that the US military cannot be alowed to use the agents in battle

think what you will of the protests but really i don&#39;t beleive anyone should ask those cops for directions

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Originally posted by echidna@17 November 2003 - 04:28
    i&#39;ve also seen photos of some great new inventions for US cops
    So have I-

The new "Milk and Cookies" series of weaponry is almost ready for deployment.

It is a joint project of Fox Products and Nabisco.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by echidna@17 November 2003 - 09:12

And if you keep painting with such a broad brush, your Picasso-like talents will never garner critical notice.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+18 November 2003 - 00:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 18 November 2003 - 00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-echidna@17 November 2003 - 09:12

And if you keep painting with such a broad brush, your Picasso-like talents will never garner critical notice. [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;d count that as critique

what&#39;s with the milk and cookies i&#39;ve read that 60% of americans are overweight and up to 20% obese already

the british cops have managed without guns for centuries, and they had so much crime that they started australia.
    so i really don&#39;t see the capacity for violent force equating with the level of law and order, &#39;cause england is not known for it&#39;s anarchist lawlessness

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast