Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bush On His Way Out?

pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 November 2003 - 22:02
    And of course the very fact he demanded this, means that we will demonstrate...

Until this came to light, i had absolutely no interest (and neither did my colleagues) of going on another protest..... now we have 2 coachloads travelling to London to protest.

You're gonna give us a field report right? ........

No, seriously you are right?
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

LONDON (Reuters) - Police say there will be no special "exclusion zones" for U.S. President George W. Bush's visit next week and he could easily come into contact with anti-war protesters.
    Get your rotten eggs ready everyone!!!!!

...or maybe some packets of pretzels!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    is that dude who wants to oust bush a jew?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    BANNED
    Shhh!! Don't mention jews or you'll upset MediaSlayer.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Well I'm an Aussie. Maybe you guys will have better luck with your protests than we did when he came here.

One of our Green Party Senators, Bob Brown got up and shouted during his address to both houses of parliament. And the boys from Johnny-FU-Howard's party almost jumped on him. "Disrespect for foriegn heads of state, etc, etc"

You would think Bush IS our head of state the way Howard crawls up his arse!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    from a pissed off US citizen: good luck with the protest in London!!! Don't let them push you around, be heard!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    i wish soros' project well

and power to everyone in the UK for Nov 20
    please document and report what ever goes down both here at this board and at indymedia
    anyone with cameras or camcorders should document as much as possible
    [it may be important if the pigs freak out and hurt anyone]

please anyone going definetly ignore colinmac
    DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ON YOUR PERSON WHICH COULD BE CONSTRUED AS A MISSILE
    the pigs will be as nervous as if they were at the abotoir gate, so don't give them any excuses
    no marbles or fireworks or fruit[apart from your lunch] or balls etc.

if you do plan clandestine activity do it VERY well [but i highly and strongly recommend not to, presidential security is an amazing thing to witness and having seen how clinton traveled i'd say it was not to be messed with]

oh and just to make you as preped as i can
    here's a little fact sheet i assembled on the cheery topic of tear gas and pepper spray

@ Rat Faced [& anyone else with data] :: re. the tear gas fact sheet i'd love some feed back and perhaps further references from anyone with experience of these weapons, ie. para/military/police experience, as i would like to make this guide as accurate as possible any info or feed-back would be greatly apreciated

lots more about the UK bush visit protest can be found here: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Tear Gas and Pepper Spray:

What to do.... Close your eyes, hold your breath and stand facing into the wind with arms apart.

After the gas has passed:

Stay like this, breath slowly and shallowly through your nose; as little as possible for approx 10 mins....also loosen your hair and clothing, let the wind blow through it all as much as possible.

At earliest oportunity change your clothes.

What not to do with CS, Tear or pepper gas:

Rub your skin and/or wet your skin....although you will find the temptation really strong...you will only make things worse. This from the voice of experiance with CS lol....

However; can i say here and now....

A demonstration is not for the purposes of Civil Unrest/Violence.

I hereby state catagorically that i will not be undertaking any form of Civil Unrest, nor will anyone else i'll be with. I do not support those that do take advantage of a legal Demonstration...not least because us poor saps that are merely Demonstrating get painted with the same brush...(and chemicals) as the morons that start that type of stuff.

Any violence is counter-productive, and I havent heard anything on any Grapevine indicating that it will be that type of Demonstration anyway, otherwise i wouldnt be going

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Rat, from what i've seen in melbourne and sydney in recent years, often the police are the ones provoking.

we haven't had gas used here though [pepper spray has been used against individuals and small groups]
    i am only concerned because i know all of the police forces dealing with large protests these days have 'non-leathal crowd control methods' with them and from what i have read these can be very dangerous [spontaneous abortion of feotus's, heart or respiratory failure in feable folk etc.]

they are used whith a joyous abandon in the USA
    [the USA using chemical weapons against it's own people!
    but wasn't that just saddam? oh it's both.]

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by echidna@16 November 2003 - 20:51
    they are used whith  a joyous abandon in the USA
    [the USA using chemical weapons against it's own people!
    but wasn't that just saddam? oh it's both.]
    Echidna-

Please document this for me.

BTW-Bush isn't going anywhere.

Quote me.

Please.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast