1. A SSH Server for Windows (ex. WinSSHD which is free for home users)
2. ConnectBot app for phone (free)
3. 2X Client app for phone (free)
Why remote connect into Windows this way? If you are behind a router, you can still block the RDP port 3389 and still get into your Windows machine remotely, which makes it more secure. Also since you are going through a SSH server, you connection is encrypted from the get go. All data, control, and commands are encrypted with the secure tunnel you have created.
1. Install and Setup SSH server on Windows machine. (change default port to something else besides 22 and use pub/priv key authentication for better security) [Need help with this step, PM me]
2. Install 2X Client and ConnectBot on phone
3. Open ConnectBot and Select SSH type and enter User@SSHServeraddress:SSHPort and then press "enter" (if using key auth, first import pub key and unlock it before connecting)
4. Once connected, press "menu" and select "port forwards" option
5. Press "menu" again and select "add port forward" ( The ones in yellow are ones I already have setup. The 1st one is for my proxy, which is my SSH server on PC. The other is for RDP through SSH server on PC.)
6. Enter a name for your port forward of your choosing. Select type as local, Source Port as 3389, and Destination as 127.0.0.1:3389 and save it
7. Leave ConnectBot running in background and open 2X client now and select "add" and "Terminal Server Connection"
8. For Alias enter any name of your choosing. Set server to 127.0.0.1, port 3389, User name to Windows account. Press menu and select save.
Try initiating a RDP connection with 2X Client. If everything goes well, you should be seeing the Winlogon screen (Top left corner showing Connectbot and 2x Client running.)