Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Firewall

Double Agent
    Originally posted by Supernatural@13 November 2003 - 11:58
    Nothing compares to Sygate. ZoneAlarm is highly over rated.
    and why is sygate any better than za?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Does Zone Alarm have anti-Mac spoofing? Anti-IP spoofing? OS Fingerprint maquerading? DoS detection? UPnP blocking? The list goes on...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Supernatural@13 November 2003 - 12:45
    Does Zone Alarm have anti-Mac spoofing? Anti-IP spoofing? OS Fingerprint maquerading? DoS detection? UPnP blocking? The list goes on...
    would you mind explaining some of these to us? i didn't get half of it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Double Agent
    sygate sucks it doesn't even have a free version not to mention trial versions

what good is a firewall if ppl can't download it and install?

at least za has a free version for ppl to use and it means a lot to computer users

i am sure za has all the major features that sygate has..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@13 November 2003 - 13:06
    sygate sucks it doesn't even have a free version not to mention trial versions
    ? ? Free Sygate
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Double Agent
    no i meant their main site

www.sygate.com

was looking around, couldn't find the download section...

or is that not their site? lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Double Agent
    http://soho.sygate.com/buy/download_buy.htm

ok i found a free sygate firewall but the functions are quite limited...

za has a free version too...at least ppl who doesn't know how to rip can still get it for free

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/comp...reeDownload.jsp

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Check my site ,on the freeware rocks i have a lot of free firewalls.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@13 November 2003 - 08:06
    ...i am sure za has all the major features that sygate has..
    Think again.

• Enable anti-IP spoofing. By default, this option is disabled on the Personal Firewall. IP spoofing is a process used by hackers to hijack a communication session between two computers, which we will call Computers A and B. A hacker can send a data packet that causes Computer A to drop the communication. Then, pretending to be Computer A, the hacker can communicate with Computer B, thus hijacking a communication session and attempting to attack Computer B. Anti-IP spoofing foils most IP spoofing attempts by randomizing the sequence numbers of each communication packet, preventing a hacker from anticipating a packet and intercepting it. It is recommended that you enable this option along with Enable OS fingerprint masquerading.
    • Enable OS fingerprint masquerading. By default, this option is enabled on the Personal Firewall. This option keeps programs from detecting the operating system of a computer running the Personal Firewall software. When OS Fingerprint Masquerading is enabled, the Personal Firewall modifies TCP/IP packets so it is not possible to determine its operating system. It is recommended that you enable this option along with Enable anti-IP spoofing.
    • Enable DoS protection. By default, this option is enabled on the Personal Firewall. This option causes the Personal Firewall to check incoming traffic for known Denial of Service (DoS) attack patterns. DoS attacks are characterized by an explicit attempt by an intruder to prevent legitimate users of a service from using that service.
    • Block Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Traffic By default, this option is enabled in the Personal Firewall. This option causes the Personal Firewall to look for and block UPnP traffic to counter the vulnerabilities that are introduced by this operating system feature: The first vulnerability could enable an attacker to gain complete control over an affected system, while the second vulnerability could enable an attacker to either prevent an affected system from providing useful service or utilize multiple users’ systems in a distributed denial of service attack against a single target. Users can disable this feature when using applications that require the UPnP protocol to operate.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@13 November 2003 - 08:21
    ...ok i found a free sygate firewall but the functions are quite limited...

za has a free version too...at least ppl who doesn't know how to rip can still get it for free...
    The free ZA is quite limited as well.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast