Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Best Firewall

Poster
    Originally posted by 3223+16 November 2003 - 01:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 @ 16 November 2003 - 01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@15 November 2003 - 21:58
    Originally posted by 3223@15 November 2003 - 19:42
    Originally posted by 3223@15 November 2003 - 18:32
    Originally posted by 3223@15 November 2003 - 00:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-3223
    @13 November 2003 - 20:59
    i downloaded sygate and nortons firewall. which one should i install and which should i delete? or should i install both?

any1 gonna answer my anytime soon??

i downloaded nortons and it lokks alot better than sygate but the problem is it wont let me gon on the internet or check my emails&#33; any1 know what i should do to fix this (change settings, etc.). thanks alot&#33;

ps im on the net right now cause i disabled the firwall&#33;

i found out how to change settings to go on the internet but i still cant check my email&#33; SOME PLZ HELP MEEEEEEEE&#33;

I say uninstall norton, and install Sygate. And it doesnt depend on how it looks, its how good it is.
    i like it cause it has anti ad and spam programs built in. it a good program i just can chat on aol instant messanger, check email with outlook express, i fixed the internet settings, also Sharaza wont connect&#33;&#33; any1 that has Norton Internet Security know how to change my settings so that all my programs will work? [/b][/quote]
    Make a new thread for this, more people would then know you have the problem.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    muchspl2
    after all that has been said, you still want norton

your choice I guess

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    JohnD
    How can something so small as these other firewall be better than Norton firewall, which is so big in size?
    Is there anything that Nortion Firewall can do in terms of firewall that these other smaller firewalls cannot do?
    Is there anything that these other smaller firewalls can do that Norton firewall cannot do?
    Can I run both Nortong firewall and Sygate or Norton and Zonealarm at the same time to test and see what i like?
    I tried Norton Firewall 2003 and it blocked so much that I had so many problems that I went back to Norton Firewall 2002. I had difficulty just getting on the internet, staying on the internet, visiting certain websites, downloading and sharing fiile--Norton 2003 headache.
    My other question is, what is the best antivirus program in terms of protection?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Poster
    Originally posted by JohnD@16 November 2003 - 01:46
    How can something so small as these other firewall be better than Norton firewall, which is so big in size?
    Is there anything that Nortion Firewall can do in terms of firewall that these other smaller firewalls cannot do?
    Is there anything that these other smaller firewalls can do that Norton firewall cannot do?
    Can I run both Nortong firewall and Sygate or Norton and Zonealarm at the same time to test and see what i like?
    I tried Norton Firewall 2003 and it blocked so much that I had so many problems that I went back to Norton Firewall 2002. I had difficulty just getting on the internet, staying on the internet, visiting certain websites, downloading and sharing fiile--Norton 2003 headache.
    My other question is, what is the best antivirus program in terms of protection?
    I wouldn&#39;t run 2 firewalls at once, it can freeze your computer.

Take a look at this tread and it explains different antiviruses somewhere in the thread http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=56265

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3223+15 November 2003 - 00:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3223 &#064; 15 November 2003 - 00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@14 November 2003 - 05:54
    I left out my utter contempt for norton av as this was pertaining to firewall, norton av sucks a phat one and your better off not run a av if you run norton, well not really, but too many norton drones in general
    several times people I know have been compromised by virii and trojans using symatic products, don&#39;t believe the norton hype as far as firewall that works fine other than my original complaint about the bad ip list
    i cant understand what ur tryin to say&#33;&#33; plz explain better (im very very tired&#33 [/b][/quote]
    @muchspl2 did u read my post? PLZ EXPLAIN UR MOST BETER&#33;

also i have sygate and got norton firewall just to try it out. its good except for my complaint.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Poster
    Well, I tried Sygate Pro, but I didnt like it, I dont know why though.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    Zone Alarm is the best by FAR IMO

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I like ZA Pro first, then Norton.
    Sygate is a FAR third.
    ZA Pro is the best and I&#39;ve tried all 3.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Busyman@16 November 2003 - 08:31
    I like ZA Pro first, then Norton.
    Sygate is a FAR third.
    ZA Pro is the best and I&#39;ve tried all 3.
    yeah now you say that *cough* *cough*

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast