Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: Blackcats-games account "disabled" - Is it gone forever?

2. BitTorrent   -   #132
    can someone help me with my blackcats-games.net? i was away for awhile and came back, tried to log in and no luck, been a seeding member for a long time now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #133
    Quote Originally Posted by tdswanson View Post
    can someone help me with my blackcats-games.net? i was away for awhile and came back, tried to log in and no luck, been a seeding member for a long time now.
    As it turns out, if you have not logged into the WEBSITE in over 2 months, your account WILL be permanently deleted immediately, even if you have been actively seeding and/or reconnecting to the tracker during this time. My account was deleted after having last downloaded a torrent through BCG 9 weeks ago, even though I have been a member for many years, have been connected 24/7 seeding 1-2 dozen torrents at any one time on my 25bit upstream connection, and had a 7:1 Seed/Leech ratio.

Let this be a note to everyone that you DO have to sign in to the website every so often, even if you are checking in through the tracker. I'm not sure why it was stated earlier in this thread that as long as you're checking in by the tracker, that your account would be fine - that is obviously false according to regs8376, through the IRC channel. At least now I can use my bandwidth for other services - I always had traffic shaping set to guarantee and prioritize BCG traffic since I figured I was helping the community by offsetting the less-than-stellar members, but apparently not. It was upsetting to get blatantly shot down in the IRC channel after guaranteeing functional seeding only to BCG for years, but *shrug*.

4. BitTorrent   -   #134
    Quote Originally Posted by masejoer View Post
    As it turns out, if you have not logged into the WEBSITE in over 2 months, your account WILL be permanently deleted immediately, even if you have been actively seeding and/or reconnecting to the tracker during this time.
    It's like that virtually everywhere (except trackers typically prefer to disable accounts over deletion these days). You need to log in every now and then, in addition to any tracker-level activity.
    Last edited by anon; 06-24-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #135
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    It's like that virtually everywhere (except trackers typically prefer to disable accounts over deletion these days). You need to log in every now and then, in addition to any tracker-level activity.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    We dont prune/delete anymore for not login in, but we have been disabling for no announce, so no seeding/leeching for 2 months or more, come into our #help channel in IRC and we will have a look at your account
    Mhm...

6. BitTorrent   -   #136
    I'm not familiar with BCG's inactivity policies, not being a member there, nor did I imply you should have known better. I just wanted to point out most trackers operate like I quoted from your post.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #137
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I'm not familiar with BCG's inactivity policies, not being a member there, nor did I imply you should have known better. I just wanted to point out most trackers operate like I quoted from your post.
    Yeah, I know they do. I just found the policies confusing due to them being practiced different than stated. I just hope at least one person can see that they must still login to the website to prevent their account from being deleted, even if it was stated otherwise by staff. Aaaanyway it doesn't matter, but I figured I'd help clarify this to prevent new posters in this thread from understanding why their account was deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #138
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If there is one thing that's becoming abundantly clear in this and other BCG threads, it's that BCG staff are unhelpful fascists.

I've never come across such an unlikeable bunch.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. BitTorrent   -   #139
    Poster
    Pity you never met Cirno.

I still consider Stoi as one of the most sensible people in BT. Just wrong on this deleting not disabling issue.

10. BitTorrent   -   #140
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah, a few people have said to me that Stoi is a decent chap. He may very well be.

But I always say you should speak as you find - and I find him to be a charmless douchespastic.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast