Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackcats-games account "disabled" - Is it gone forever?

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by regs8376 View Post
    sam, or should I say 360rulez...you forgot the part where you insulted me and called me a loser. Then you went on to say how BCG wasn't a good torrent site, said I was power tripping a couple half dozen times again (since it was all you could come up with) and that it lacked in active peers while continuing to insult me. Not only did I not insult you back, but I also wished you a happy thanksgiving Let me post the whole conversation for everyone.
    I still do wish you the best of luck in your torrenting career on all those "better" sites and I really do enjoy you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family
    Thanks for posting, it only shows your passive aggressive nature, I'm glad you posted my user name as well, hoping that I use that on other trackers. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I use unique user names on every tracker.

I posted the chat to show there was no getting through to you, when all you have in your mind is ban, ban, ban, you even banned my IP for calling you out for the way you were being. Did I swear at you? No.

At that point, what difference did it make? You weren't un-banning my account, and were stern and rigid about it. Before that I was civil and polite in my request.

I said you were power tripping, and called you a loser, because that's how you come across. If you weren't power tripping, and if you weren't a loser, you wouldn't have taken that as an insult, but instead, to show your superiority, you immediately banned my IP. Then you wanted to ban my IP on IRC, because banning my account was not enough for you.

You think you're clever saying "I still do wish you the best of luck in your torrenting career on all those "better" sites and I really do enjoy you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family ", when in reality all you're doing is mocking, just like what you did in the entire convo, thanks for coming to show your true colors.

In the 4 years I've been torrenting, no one has pushed my buttons the way you do, you should be very proud. I've never had issues of any sort on other sites, and I'm an uploader on several of them.

Gaming has become much less of a priority in my life, so that's why I don't use your site as frequently as you would like your members to.

How come your email in the IRC is [email protected], shouldn't that be Stoi's email?
    Last edited by sam45; 11-23-2011 at 12:45 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I feel your pain, man. I too was in your shoes. But what you (and I at the time) failed to realize, you can't create an account with the intent to seed and bank away gigs to use one day. The site has a limited number of users and they need active members to ensure good speed and the health of the tracker. Hell, they even have an extremely generous SP system as well.

So just do what I had to do. Get a new account and start over. It took me close to a year to finally get back in, but it isn't impossible. Especially lately. But it does appear you might have burned a bridge with the rude comments in irc.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Dear Skiz or the moderating team:
    Since I can't pm you I'll have to resort to posting this so you can mod preview it.
    I've been accused of have duplicate accounts. I'm Phileas and regs is regs. We're both administrators at bcgs, ask stoi and he'll confirm this. I hope this can be resolved.
    Regards Phileas.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    I feel your pain, man. I too was in your shoes. But what you (and I at the time) failed to realize, you can't create an account with the intent to seed and bank away gigs to use one day. The site has a limited number of users and they need active members to ensure good speed and the health of the tracker. Hell, they even have an extremely generous SP system as well.

So just do what I had to do. Get a new account and start over. It took me close to a year to finally get back in, but it isn't impossible. Especially lately. But it does appear you might have burned a bridge with the rude comments in irc.
    Yeah, it's all good. Definitely wasn't my proudest moment. I've never been rude like that to people on IRC, but this guy just pushed my buttons with his passive aggressive nature.

I tried to reason with him, he said "Either way I disabled it for being inactive, and not willing to re-enable it" I just felt like he was talking down at me.

He went as far as banning my IP, so there's no way of me signing up again.

Also, I'm quite familiar with how the SP system works, ratio is pretty pointless in BCG, since everything has to be seeded back 1:1. That's one of the things I loved most about the site, I feel they're the only ones that got the seeding system right. Even if there's no one to seed back to, you can still bring each torrent to 1:1, so a buffer is pretty pointless. Only reason I had a buffer was when I had a seedbox, I helped seed some torrents.

I had a Gold badge, not a single H n R, all torrents seeded to 1:1 and beyond, contacted the staff ONCE in the last 3 years to update my email address after my move, but got banned due to not using the account recently.

I guess I was upset at how he was talking to me with his condescending attitude, and passive aggressive nature, it wasn't cool to treat me that way after being a good member for over 3 years.
    Last edited by sam45; 11-23-2011 at 12:12 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I take back my comments claiming civility. If I wish to express a negative opinion directly towards a mod during a dialogue, I tend to obfuscate it. It's a bit more pleasurable to observe their lack of comprehension than to aim for direct insult. That tends to require some quick wit; so, not for everyone.

Another note on the entire IRC dialogue: like any other IRC chat log it's rife with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes (generally an unpleasant read). Why do few too people care about these things?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thats not his email, thats his vhost because he is admin.

I really dont see whats so hard in having an announce every couple of months, even if its just helping seed something (you dont even need to download to have an announce), but we are seeing members with 0 comments, 0 forum posts, never come into IRC and with a last announce of > 3 months up to 4 years and expecting to keep their accounts, I just have a hard time fathoming out why they still want to be members.

Its not like its hard to seed on BCG, we make something to help members, the SP System and members are scared of it, they have even said, some of the ones we have disabled, they use us as a pre channel, just to see whats out then they go to another site and download, whats the fucking point (and yes thats me swearing about it as i cant get my head around it).

Bottom line is, if you cant use the tracker, even just to help seed some things (thats what a community is about after all, seeding and keeping torrents alive for others to grab) then whats the point of you being a member.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas View Post
    Dear Skiz or the moderating team:
    Since I can't pm you I'll have to resort to posting this so you can mod preview it.
    I've been accused of have duplicate accounts. I'm Phileas and regs is regs. We're both administrators at bcgs, ask stoi and he'll confirm this. I hope this can be resolved.
    Regards Phileas.
    Please open a report on the corresponding report section so you can privately have a chat with the mod that issued the infraction. For now that's all I can do.

By the way, my account was disabled too. Indeed I didn't use it much lately, like any other tracker for that matter, as I'm currently on newsgroups.
    It's a pity to lose such an old account, but you gotta understand they want to filter their site and maybe get a much clearer vision of their userbase, and whom they can really count with. Have no idea how many members BCG currently had, but my guess was "too many".

And about that chat log, that's how it works in many situations in life. People are polite when they are trying to get something, and once they realize it won't happen they resort to deliver their frustration on the nearest figure of authority.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-23-2011 at 03:00 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No offence, but we have "too many" that are a waste of space, we have about 42000 members, but only 10,000 Unique peers, 800 tops have uploaded a torrent, 30,000+ havnt made a comment or a forum post 41,700 have never set foot in IRC, and 10,000 havnt had an announce for 2 months or more, 2,000 hadnt had one for over a year.

Its not really about them taking a space, or putting more load on the server, its just about them being a waste of space (in the nicest possible way).

I use usenet 99.9% of the time, but i still seed on the tracker, but then because i use usenet, i am not a member of any other trackers, because i know i wont use them, so i never joined up, I would not expect to still have my account, if i just logged in and never ever used it for months/years.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    41,700 have never set foot in IRC
    This is the one that shouldn't really be a concern. As opposed to site hosted chatting, getting into IRC for many is too complicated, and when you get there it's filled with a bunch of boys making homosexual references towards each other. Not worth any effort IMO.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I know, it was just a point i was making, i dont give a crap about IRC either, but i am in there, because i have to be, we have 100 in, 5-10 speak, and sometimes i wish there was homosexual boy referances as at least it would look busy lol (IE at lest they are talking about something)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast