Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackcats-games account "disabled" - Is it gone forever?

P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    People have real lives that sometimes make them too busy to do things like download games. I could understand you not wanting to re-enable an account that was never used, but if someone used their account and was an otherwise good member, then was inactive for a period of time, but later returned and explained that they were too busy in real life for torrenting but that things have now changed and they'd like to be a member again, I honestly can't understand your reasoning for not wanting to re-enable their once-active accounts. It seems very selfish, small minded, and petty to me, and it's not at all what I expected from you.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    People have real lives that sometimes make them too busy to do things like download games. I could understand you not wanting to re-enable an account that was never used, but if someone used their account and was an otherwise good member, then was inactive for a period of time, but later returned and explained that they were too busy in real life for torrenting but that things have now changed and they'd like to be a member again, I honestly can't understand your reasoning for not wanting to re-enable their once-active accounts. It seems very selfish, small minded, and petty to me, and it's not at all what I expected from you.
    So they only come back, 5 months after they are banned, and then say, oh i want to use it now, yeah right.

I just dont have any sympathy, all they had to do was seed something they downloaded, even from elsewhere, its not hard, its what a tracker is about, if no one seeds there isnt any tracker for them to come back to.

Sorry too late, cya, bye bye, not my problem really.
    Last edited by stoi; 02-21-2012 at 11:55 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    ^ You haven't replied to my PM

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    So they only come back, 5 months after they are banned, and then say, oh i want to use it now, yeah right.

I just dont have any sympathy, all they had to do was seed something they downloaded, even from elsewhere, its not hard, its what a tracker is about, if no one seeds there isnt any tracker for them to come back to.

So say I go away for 6 months to work abroad with no net access, or if there is it certainly doesn't allow any BT traffic... no fault of my own, and my account's disabled... then is it just tough shit for me then? Despite the fact I do use the account I have now and again? And btw, I'm by no means a major user, just every so often I like to chill out and play a game for a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

So say I go away for 6 months to work abroad with no net access, or if there is it certainly doesn't allow any BT traffic... no fault of my own, and my account's disabled... then is it just tough shit for me then? Despite the fact I do use the account I have now and again? And btw, I'm by no means a major user, just every so often I like to chill out and play a game for a while...
    You should have thought of that before you decided to waste your time defending the World against terrorism.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    You should have thought of that before you decided to waste your time defending the World against terrorism.
    What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I'm using a valid and relevant example of what can happen to see what the site's stance would be on that, for other users info... (just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)

Maybe I should just spend my time between the Gym, taking anti depressants and go playing with Moose cawks in my spare time...
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I'm using a valid and relevant example of what can happen to see what the site's stance would be on that, for other users info... (just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)

Maybe I should just spend my time between the Gym, taking anti depressants and go playing with Moose cawks in my spare time...
    I don't take antidepressants and what it had to do with anything is that it was meant to be an extreme example to illustrate a point,a compliment of sorts and a joke.
    Forgive me for attempting all three and please continue with the serious issue of stealing stuff and treating other people badly.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    I don't take antidepressants and what it had to do with anything is that it was meant to be an extreme example to illustrate a point,a compliment of sorts and a joke.
    Forgive me for attempting all three and please continue with the serious issue of stealing stuff and treating other people badly.
    It was an example of someone going away and not using their account for a while... relevant, as I know it happens... extreme, yeah, but everyone has different reasons s for being away for a while... they can apply their own circumstance...

Serious issue about stealing stuff? Where was that mentioned... I think you'll find it was a question to see the site's stance on people with legitimate reasons going away for a while and not using their accounts on and off... since when did asking a question become a serious business?

I fail to see any compliment or humour in what you posted, but to each their own I 'spose...

Who exactly was being treated badly? Didn't you see my humour there either? Bummer...

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    Didn't you see my humour there either? Bummer...
    Probably because here in Canada moose cawks are serious business.

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Burnsy i believe you answered your own question.

(just so you're aware though, whenever I do go away, I have in the past PM'd stoi who's been pretty understanding about things)
    When we used to prune if someone got in touch and said they knew they were going away for awhile, lack of internet, away to Iraq etc we would make them VIP so they didnt get pruned, now no one gets pruned as we lose all disabled members by doing so (they havnt logged in so bye bye) its easy to fix actually, just never got around to it lol

Now we would add something to their staff comments, so they wouldnt get disabled.

But in 8-9 years its the first time we have done this, we have warned that we may do this for the past 3 years, we done it, and all we get is grief (seems thats pretty much all we get lol) and we probably wont be doing it again for at least another year or so (if we even do it again).

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast