Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackcats-games account "disabled" - Is it gone forever?

Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Everything indicated, from the staff themselves, to date had advised the site is down only because of the server changes as the hosts move to a new data centre... nothing has been forthcoming as to any problem with the site itself (and by that I assume you mean the tracker/databases/front end etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    I would really like to use this site again. My account was in excellent standing when in use, but recently had a child and life was a little hectic. So I didn't use it in awhile.. Account disabled and no way to re-enable. Went on the IRC channel and asked but was simply denied. If any bcg mod reads this, please reconsider my re-enabling my account "liemliem". Thanks.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    liemliem, like I told you in our help channel earlier, your account was inactive for far too long. Also, you were disabled over 3 months ago and only came in to talk about it today. Your account will remain disabled but you are free to make a new account if you catch open registrations in the future.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by regs8376 View Post
    liemliem, like I told you in our help channel earlier, your account was inactive for far too long. Also, you were disabled over 3 months ago and only came in to talk about it today. Your account will remain disabled but you are free to make a new account if you catch open registrations in the future.
    That makes no sense to me. If he's free to make a new account, why not just re-enable his old one?
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    That makes no sense to me. If he's free to make a new account, why not just re-enable his old one?
    If accounts get pruned for inactivity they are allowed to create a new account in the future...don't see why this is any different. These members aren't banned, they are simply disabled for not using the account. The IP's and those associated with their accounts aren't banned as well. Why don't I re enable the old account? Because I don't think they deserve it and because they stopped using it. If they are going to go through the trouble of getting an account through open signups in the future then so be it. At least this time around maybe they will continue to keep using the account instead of letting it sit idle.
    Last edited by regs8376; 02-05-2012 at 08:30 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The same thing happened to me(being disabled after long membership) and not being given to excessive acts of insincerity was the precise reason I couldn't see myself protesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post

If accounts get pruned for inactivity they are allowed to create a new account in the future...don't see why this is any different. These members aren't banned, they are simply disabled for not using the account. The IP's and those associated with their accounts aren't banned as well. Why don't I re enable the old account? Because I don't think they deserve it and because they stopped using it. If they are going to go through the trouble of getting an account through open signups in the future then so be it. At least this time around maybe they will continue to keep using the account instead of letting it sit idle.
    What I have never understood though is that as presumably inactive accounts put no stress on a site's resources ,why it is they need to disabled?
    I mean beyond your apparent spite." I don't think they deserve it ". As opposed to AIDS workers or something.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    I don't want to go through all the details of my life but basically my kid was born with an issue and maintaining an active account wasn't on my mind.
    But I understand it's a policy and theres no real way to identify those with legititmate reasons vs those who simple just let their accounts go idle.
    I will just keep my eyes open for open registration or invite. Again thanks for looking into it. Some other sites might not have even responded.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Poster
    There is no invite system at present just random open sign ups.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    What I have never understood though is that as presumably inactive accounts put no stress on a site's resources ,why it is they need to disabled?
    I mean beyond your apparent spite." I don't think they deserve it ". As opposed to AIDS workers or something.
    To make room for new, hopefully active, accounts.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by nihlathak_ View Post
    To make room for new, hopefully active, accounts.
    I guess you missed the part about no additional stress on the site's resources.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast