Thread: Internet Explorer To Shut Down Popups

Finally

Microsoft plans to add the ability to block pop-up Internet advertising in an update due out next year

Microsoft plans to add pop-up blocking features to Internet Explorer next year as part of its Service Pack 2 update for Windows XP, in a move that would go a long way toward stamping out the Web advertisements.

Darin Linnman, a Microsoft spokesman, said that the company plans to add the pop-up blocking feature to an updated version of Explorer with Service Pack 2 (SP2) when it's released in the first half of next year. But one caveat, he said, is that Microsoft will be gathering customer feedback that will be weighed as part of the final decision to add the feature.
    ZDNet Information

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I bet they fuck it up as usual

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by I.am@13 November 2003 - 16:43
    IE to add popup blocker
    My Bad

Sorry

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Dapadipz+13 November 2003 - 11:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dapadipz @ 13 November 2003 - 11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@13 November 2003 - 16:43
    IE to add popup blocker&nbsp;
    My Bad

Sorry [/b][/quote]
    No problem buddy :beerchug:
    Good to hear the news again though
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    i kinda like the one google provides. has worked good for me&#33; ill wait and see for this one