Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which one is your favorite Cricket player?

messi ofc

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by boboo View Post
    messi ofc
    You know someone's not really even trying when then get the sport wrong.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    My favorite cricket player is James Anderson he is a great bowler i like him very much...
    He is such a great player
    Last edited by anon; 06-25-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: removed spam link

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickolas View Post
    My favorite cricket player is James Anderson he is a great bowler i like him very much...
    He is such a great player
    Though Wikipedia tells me there's a cricketer by that name, why did the bot have to give itself up with a bowling reference? I've already reported one of the posts, but they should all be removed and the account banned. I don't see any good coming from it.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    Mahendra Singh Dhone. Captain kool is the best.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    waseem akram was my favourite in past but now my favourite is Shahid Afridi.Boom Boom Afridi

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    David Ivon Gower - the poet with the bat. Guess not many people like that sort of batting these days. Chris Gayle is more like the flavour of the times , although to be fair to him , he is exciting to watch. Carl Hooper of the 90s West Indies team was another class act who rarely got the recognition he deserved. Mohammed Azharuddin in his early days. Curtly Ambrose was a beast of a bowler who put the fear of God in the hearts of many a batting great. Yuvraj Singh can be a treat to watch too.

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkamal View Post
    David Ivon Gower - the poet with the bat. Guess not many people like that sort of batting these days. Chris Gayle is more like the flavour of the times , although to be fair to him , he is exciting to watch. Carl Hooper of the 90s West Indies team was another class act who rarely got the recognition he deserved. Mohammed Azharuddin in his early days. Curtly Ambrose was a beast of a bowler who put the fear of God in the hearts of many a batting great. Yuvraj Singh can be a treat to watch too.
    Hashim Amla reminds me a little of Carl Hooper. I loved watching him bat, too.
    That cover drive was perfect.

I can't really remember seeing Gower bat well. He was approaching retirement when I was old enough to understand cricket, my memories of Gower playing international cricket are wafts to slip and piloting a bi-plane over the WACA when he got dropped. Test cricket is a sport you have to watch live or not at all so I've never seen him construct a century, which is a shame.

I agreed with what you wrote, apart from Yuvraj Singh. I've always rated him as the least talented batsman in any Indian side I've watched. I think Kohli has permanently displaced him now, which I'm glad about as he is a superb technician and has a bit of the devil in him.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    I've never seen Gower bat live either..by the time i started watching Cricket the Mike Atherton era had begun in English cricket. But i've spent many a dull winter afternoon watching some of his old games that they showed on TV usually when there wasn't any other cricket happening in the world (in the mid 90s this was still possible). About the plane incident...compared to the stuff that goes on these days - Luke Pomerbach (it's gone clean out of people's minds already!),Mohammed Asif (repeated drug abuse and then prison for spot fixing) - it seems like a boyish prank.

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    I am Bangladeshi and my favorite cricket player is Sachin Tendulkar and Sakib All Hasan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast