Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Burn A Dvd To Dvd-r

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    OK seeing this question has been asked so many times how do I burn a DVD to a DVDr or how do I burn a movie I have downloaded too to DVD-r then hare is a guide I have made

First of all let me start with the DVD to DVD-r guide

for this I use a program called DVD Shrink

some of the pics you will see here i have pinched from DVDhelp guides

The Originals DVDs we buy now are dual layed and are called DVD-9 the DVD-rs we buy a just 1 layed which are called DVD-5

DVD to DVDR guide

This guide will show you how to fit and compress a DVD-9 (Original DVD) to DVD-5 (DVD-r)

First of all get yourself DVD Shrink from there

and you will also need Nero 6 to burn

Now once DVD Shrink is install it is sort of integrated with Nero meaning as soon as all is set with DVD Shrink Nero will automatically burn to DVD-r

Now pop the DVD disk into your drive

Note (you will need a DVD ROM drive to read it)

Open DVD Shrink up

Go Edit > Preferences

Make sure it looks like this

After you're done with that click the Open Disc button in the main DVD Shrink window and there select the drive that you have the DVD you want to copy in. Click OK.

Then DVD Shrink will do a small analysis of the DVD and it is going to load it in the main window.

Now you can easy just press backup and BOOM 1 hr later it's done!!! doing it this way will give you the entire same image from the orignal, Extras, Special Features and all.

but you will be losing some of the quality for the movie itself, so you might want to just copy the movie it is up too you i personally don't see much quality difference, thats how good it is.

So if you just want to copy the movie and not the speical features and extras read on ahead if not, skip to the back button part of the guide.

So click the Re author Button

this screen Will pop up after you select re author

Now highlight the Main movie and drag it too the left

Press the compression tab button

NOW BIG NOTE!!!

i highly recommend you don't go over 4.5 gig even though a DVDr is 4.7 gig long some DVD players have trouble Reading the edge of the surface

press the drop down box and choose Custom Ratio and make sure you set the bar no More then 4.5 gig

Backup Button

OK now click the Backup button

First you have to select what to do. If you have Nero installed you can select to burn the DVD (what I have selected) directly or create a DVD image. If you don't have Nero select to create the DVD files for later burning ....
    Also select the Temp folder. It can be any folder, but remember that after the burn DVD Shrink doesn't delete the files, you have to do it yourself.

Now click the region tab

Now you may see here that ticking region free will mean yeah no problem!! however i must say that I have had problems with it having region free ticked it might be that my DVD player isn't region free but sometimes it will burn and throw up a region error

so if your DVD player isn't region free untick that box and ONLY tick YOUR region for your country for me Australia is region 4

region 1: United States of America, Canada
    region 2: Europe, Turkey, Egypt, Arabia, Japan and South Africa
    region 3: Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Borneo and Indonesia
    region 4: Australia and New Zealand, Mexico, the Carribean, and South America
    region 5: India, Africa, Russia and former USSR countries
    region 6: Peoples Republic of China

Now click Backup Options

Here you can select Deep Analysis This will give you better quality but will take the double time. If you don't care about time I suggest you use it....

now Just sit back and relax!!

Guide 2

MPEG to DVDR

now the next guide I Will do is for when someone has downloaded a movie and wants to have it on DVDr

First of if the movie you have download is a MPEG already you don't need to encode

if it's a AVI XVID/DIVX You will need to convert to MPEG-2 so before you read any further to this guide read this guide to encode your avi to MPEG

Ok Program you Will need for this are TMPGEnc

and

TMPGEnc Author (Note this is only 30 day trials but you can PM me for you know what!)

You Will also need Nero 6 to burn

Authorising

Open TMPGEnc Author up

Here click Add file and add the DVD mpg files you have created before. or downloaded

Now here i won't bother to go into detail because this part is entirely up to you you can click on the chapter and menu button and make up your own chapters and menus where you want them

When your done with playing with chapters and menus click the output button

Here just select the folder you want to put the files in (I suggest it's an empty one) and click Begin output. Your DVD files will be created and ready to burn

Burning

OK open Nero 6 up

Choose DVD video make sure your setting are as the above

At the left of your screen you see the folders of the DVD we are going to burn. Notice the VIDEO_TS folder is red. Double click to open the VIDEO_TS folder.

At the right of your screen you can see your hard drive. Browse to the folder where you have your DVD files (the files that DVD Shrink created).

Select all the files. I repeat: ALL the files

Now drag and drop the entire files to the RED video folder

DO NOT PUT ANY IN THE AUDIO FOLDER!!

Now simply Burn
    Last edited by Adster; 10-17-2004 at 09:15 AM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #2
    Very nice Adster, this needs to be pinned I think...

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #3
    Proffesional Dumbass
    great work adster

i too think this should be pinned because i will be looking for this every now and again

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    You put some great effort into this lets hope newbies appreciate it .

But i suspect they'll keep on asking the same questions, even if you give them a link to this post
    Robert00000

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #5
    i just wrote my own tread perfectly like this and was about to post it when you nicked my PIN!!! bastard!

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #6
    Alrite so will that guide allow me to copy the movie and the special features or just the movie???? Thanks

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #7
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    It will copy everything.

By the way. This guide is 2 guides in one. That isn't clear when you first look at it.

The first guide shows how to back up a dvd movie disk (DVD-9) to a currently standard dvd-r disk (DVD-5). The second from avi to dvd-r.

ADSTER: Please separate the two guides with a large AVI to DVD-R heading.

EDIT: corrected spelling mistake
    Robert00000

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #8
    Originally posted by Robert00000@23 February 2004 - 09:20
    It will copy everything.

By the way. This guide is 2 guides in one. That isn't clear when you first look at it.

The first guide shows how to back up a dvd movie disk (DVD-9) to a currently standard dvd-r disk (DVD-5). The second from avi to dvd-r.

ADSTER: Please separate the two guides with a large AVI to DVD-R heading.

EDIT: corrected spelling mistake
    ok fixed that up

also added about taht it includes spiecal features

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #9
    BUMP

better keep this near the top for noobs

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #10
    Retired
    Ok lets pin this one for a while

Ad, I changed some typos and corrected some other things

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast