Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning To Upgrade

hi,

i am planning to upgrade my 1.8ghz celeron processor along w/ a new mobo. i havw already found teh mobo i need but i was wondering if a amd xp 1800+ would be ne faster then the celeron i have. since the amd is only clocked at 1.5 ghz i thought it might be slower.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    its a very long and boring story but basically AMD run at the speed they say they do, in this case 1800mhz

it should be faster than that celeron
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    The AMD will be faster. I dont know why your upgrading with an "old" CPU though...
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Very nice but why don't you do a search or just look at the topics first,this as been brought up many times upgrading amd etc.
    And welcome to the forum friend hope you enjoy it and find what you are after.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ty for all ur reply and im happy to be in this forum im building this comp for my dads house so ill only be there on weekends so i dont need to spend that much money for one ill only be using 2 days a week

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You said that you've already found the board.

May I ask which one?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    or another thing you could do, is buy a super new pc for your house, pretty decent spec, about 1 2500, 512mb ram, good mobo, etc, and put your other one at your dads?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    No clocker you may not know. N00bs just about always leave ya hanging. Like yes it's fixed. Or I found the problem thanks anyways. Etc. etc. I find it very rude of them.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by zapjb@15 November 2003 - 03:26
    No clocker you may not know. N00bs just about always leave ya hanging. Like yes it's fixed. Or I found the problem thanks anyways. Etc. etc. I find it very rude of them.
    wtf?!?!?!?!?! y did u all of a sudden started to flame at me?!?!?!

if u had looked u know i just post this today, and unlike u, i dont spend my whole damn day on the forum (hope that doesnt affend nebody). Most people dont reply right after a topic is post so why bother sticking around the cmputer.

@clocker heres the mobo

i know its not the best kind but like i said, i only uses it 2 days a week

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Livy@15 November 2003 - 01:36
    or another thing you could do, is buy a super new pc for your house, pretty decent spec, about 1 2500, 512mb ram, good mobo, etc, and put your other one at your dads?
    if i were to buy a "super new pc" i just use the money to build myself one....and use the rest on some furniture or some new clothing (mine smells )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast