Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know about Scenetime.com?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    join the SceneTime FaceBook Group Page and as we get to know you better
    How does that work exactly?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    n00b
    Well that is pretty self-explanatory, I would have imagined? I am not clear as to your rules about posting links here, but if you have a FaceBook Account, log in and search on FaceBook for "SceneTime" and you will see "SceneTime Group" or "SceneTime Community". You can join the SceneTime Community by clicking the "Like" Button, and you can send a request to join the SceneTime Group Page. (One of the Mods will check your profile and see who you are and more than likely accept you in the group. Unless you have ridiculous or too much undesirable posting on your page)

My point is that if you post on the SceneTime Group page and are active and friendly amongst the Membership and Staff there, then this will increase your chances of someone from the site (perhaps even possibly myself) sending you an invitation to join the site. If you are argumentative or Spam our page, or "Demand" an invitation, I assure you this will get you nowhere.

I like this Forum, by the way, you guys have a good thing going here, but this site needs more poularity as well. So I will personally blast the link for your Community here on my own FaceBook Profile Page. (Compliments of The DragonRider).

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Well that is pretty self-explanatory, I would have imagined?
    I was curious to know the exact criteria you use to invite people through Facebook.

I've always thought that piracy and social networking sites don't mix - a bit unwise to openly associate your real-life identity with BitTorrent and trackers.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Your Friend, The DragonRider
    Well that is pretty self-explanatory, I would have imagined? I am not clear as to your rules about posting links here, but if you have a FaceBook Account, log in and search on FaceBook for "SceneTime" and you will see "SceneTime Group" or "SceneTime Community". You can join the SceneTime Community by clicking the "Like" Button, and you can send a request to join the SceneTime Group Page. (One of the Mods will check your profile and see who you are and more than likely accept you in the group. Unless you have ridiculous or too much undesirable posting on your page)

My point is that if you post on the SceneTime Group page and are active and friendly amongst the Membership and Staff there, then this will increase your chances of someone from the site (perhaps even possibly myself) sending you an invitation to join the site. If you are argumentative or Spam our page, or "Demand" an invitation, I assure you this will get you nowhere.

I like this Forum, by the way, you guys have a good thing going here, but this site needs more poularity as well. So I will personally blast the link for your Community here on my own FaceBook Profile Page. (Compliments of The DragonRider).

I don't get it? If we are in fact friends ,why then are you making me jump through hoops?

Also I don't belong to Facebook as I view such things as wank so will that significantly hurt my chances of becoming part of whatever this thread is about?

Before you answer remember that we are apparently friends.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    n00b
    Well, if you consider what you are doing as "Piracy", then yes, by all means I would expect you to conceal yourself as much as possible.

But we consider what we do as creating a mutual friendship amongst the Membership and Staff on SceneTime, a community of people who help each other in many ways, none of which I would deem as illegal or "Piracy", as you put it. Do you consider what you do here on this site as Piracy? Or do you consider this Forum as a community of people who have a purpose of helping each other?

The mixture of personal lives in a social networking site and The Scene is growing less and less risky as the people are demonstrating that they do not want censorship or personal rights limited in what they can and cannot share amongst their friends. SOPA and PIPA did not pass, and these kinds of laws will never prevail over the will of the people or the Members of The Scene. There is no need to hide, there is no need to deny involvement in our community.

We do not make anyone "Jump through hoops", either. How do you get an invitation to private tracker sites such as Demonoid, or TorrentDay? You either know someone who will let you in or you do not get invited, right? Well, instead of making people scurry around and try to find someone in the shadows who can invite them to one of the private registration sites, we made it very very easy for you by having a Social Networking Page where you can meet us and not only can we see who you are and what criteria you fit into, but you also have the chance to see who we are and ask yourself if you wish to become part of the community as well. It is the fairest means we could present to you to join the best torrent community on the internet. If you view such social opportunities as "wank", then I am afraid that the chances of you gaining admittance into our site are extremely small, my friend.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I can't imagine that there is anyone stupid enough on the internets to join up to this with their real Facebook.
    That's actually a lie. I can, but still ... what the fuck. Why bait stupid people? It mostly isn't their fault.

Is this some kind of social experiment.
    If so, it's cruel and you should stop unless the staff decide to put up their own real and actual Facebook pages to make it fair.

You should also stop referring to your internet handle in the third person. It's pretentious and portends bad luck in most Eastern European countries.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    But we consider what we do as creating a mutual friendship amongst the Membership and Staff on SceneTime, a community of people who help each other in many ways, none of which I would deem as illegal or "Piracy", as you put it.
    Most people will want to join so they can snatch your files. That is (or should be, looking at the trading section here) the main attractive of attaining a membership on a torrent tracker. I'm guessing most of the people who are active in your community also download torrents.

The mixture of personal lives in a social networking site and The Scene is growing less and less risky as the people are demonstrating that they do not want censorship or personal rights limited in what they can and cannot share amongst their friends. SOPA and PIPA did not pass, and these kinds of laws will never prevail over the will of the people or the Members of The Scene. There is no need to hide, there is no need to deny involvement in our community.
    That's a pretty optimistic viewpoint. The FBI won't be going after the average Joe, but I don't think anyone in the warez scene would want to openly announce their activities.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    n00b
    You should also stop referring to your internet handle in the third person. It's pretentious and portends bad luck in most Eastern European countries.
    Seriously? I should? Wow. If I ever decide to listen to someone say something that makes no sense whatsoever to me, I promise, your post will be the first place I look!
    I am not in a European country, and I have no intention of letting someone in a Forum I am growing less and less impressed with give me instructions on how to conduct my conversation here.

Speaking of which, as far as I am concerned, my participation in this conversation has more than likely served its purpose, in the means of answering the original poster's questions about our site.

What it boils down to, ladies and gentlemen, is that SceneTime is a Private Tracker with Invitation only registration. There are many who think it is a great site, and anyone who knows anything about torrents can definitely appreciate the quality of the releases on our site as well as the community and Forums that we publish on SceneTime.

You see, I say "We" because I represent a Staff of Members who dedicate a great deal of time and effort to making sure that we have a great site. You see, the inflammatory comments you see on your site would not be allowed by the Moderators on mine. Members who intentionally provoke other Members (or Staff, for that matter) are given a couple of chances to behave themselves, or they will be removed from the site. There have been several posts in this thread since I tried to help you where the Membership has been allowed to post inflammatory comments and provocative remarks. This would not be allowed on SceneTime. Have a nice day, guys!

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Just Relax Guys!!! You guys don't know a thing about manners, somebody is helping you don't drive him crazy... you know what never mind... Here are the links.. you guys better not act like these in our scentime page or site!!! i am a staff at Scentime, and if i Wald act like you guys i waled of bean ban by now!

https://www.facebook.com/ScenetimePage
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/124269304262291/
    Last edited by avrumi; 06-30-2012 at 07:14 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonrider
    Seriously? I should? Wow. If I ever decide to listen to someone say something that makes no sense whatsoever to me, I promise, your post will be the first place I look!
    I am not in a European country, and I have no intention of letting someone in a Forum I am growing less and less impressed with give me instructions on how to conduct my conversation here.
    Hey hope you don't mind. I just conducted a social experiment on you.
    You listed what you expect stupid people to do for no good reason (sign up to your site using Facebook without them seeing your real Facebook page).

So I decided to ask you to do something stupid for no good reason.
    You declined to do so, and that's fine. I would expect this and from the results of my experiment, I feel qualified in advising this site's members not to sign up for any torrent/warez site, including SceneTime, by using their real Facebook page.

It's fucking retarded.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast