Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaps From Vegetaria.

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    heres my way. eat what you want but dont come crying to me when a cow eats you

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave@15 November 2003 - 23:16
    heres my way. eat what you want but dont come crying to me when a cow eats you
    The

Are you a vegetable of some sort.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    no. im in a species that has evolved to eat meat over millions of years.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    People can show as many results, reports, doctors and scienentists and what not on proving that being vergatarian is un-natural and unhealthy, there are as many or more reports, results and what not that proves that being vegetarian is not unhealty - unnatural etc..... and guess what, i dont care, me personly i'm not doing this because of those reasons. Though I'm healthy as hell, never called in sick, not one single day in my life!

I think people treat animals cruel, than eat them, and thats just plain wrong.
    1 little thing i can do about that is stop eating meat and battery eggs etc, so i will.
    I would give my life if all animal cruelty would stop forever, i know its easy saying because its not going to happen, but i would.

Its everybody's own choice, but dont say its unhealthy, because thats not true, and vegetarians are the living examples of that.

I just hope that if people chose to eat meat, they will eat "animal friendly meat" Wouldnt you feel better if you knew that the pig you are eating had a nice life?
    Those biological / animal friendly farmers need money too, so why not support them?

I also donate money too an organisation that promotes alternative animal testing for medicin etc, its all ican do, but i'm doing it, at least i try making a difference.

Now you can all shoot me with your big ass English vocabulairs, and come with more scientific prove and what not, i dont care, i can go to sleep with the thought that i was not 100% responsible for ending the life another cruel treated animal.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Linda

It is your decision what you do with your life and how you chose to lead it. More power to you for taking such a strong position and defending it so well.

What about feeding pets tho' do you have a policy on that. Liam has told us that his (sister's) dog is fed meat, tho' he personally would not do so if he had the choice.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    what would happen if there were no preditors in the entire world?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I feed my dog regular dogfood and my rats regular ratfood, because there is to little proove againts or pro feeding them in vegetarian way. I'm responsable for ther health so i better be safe then sorry.

Lately there is more knowledge on that subject, but my dog is almost 13 and i dont want to change his diet for obvious reasons.
    As far as the rats, they are very unsable as far as their health goes, so i dont wanna take any risks.

As soon as i'm convinced that feeding pets in a veggie way is okay, i will feed my[new] pets that way for sure.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    well...I used to be a vegetarian, but stopped two years ago because (let's be honest here), BALANCED vegetarian food is a bit expensive

Anyway, now I only eat eggs that come from a farmer who lives next to my sister, he has like 20 chickens, they are fed well and have a lot of room.
    I hardly eat meat, but when I do it's from this old farmer who is a butcher too..

My point is; I like to eat some meat sometimes and I have nothing against if I know the animals were treated well during their lifes.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Skweeky@15 November 2003 - 22:51
    well...I used to be a vegetarian, but stopped two years ago because (let's be honest here), BALANCED vegetarian food is a bit expensive

Anyway, now I only eat eggs that come from a farmer who lives next to my sister, he has like 20 chickens, they are fed well and have a lot of room.
    I hardly eat meat, but when I do it's from this old farmer who is a butcher too..

My point is; I like to eat some meat sometimes and I have nothing against if I know the animals were treated well during their lifes.
    Bacon Sandwiches!!!!

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by summerlinda@15 November 2003 - 23:32

Now you can all shoot me with your big ass English vocabulairs, and come with more scientific prove and what not, i dont care, i can go to sleep with the thought that i was not 100% responsible for ending the life another cruel treated animal.
    Linda,

Don't you see that my post supported what you do 100%. I hope you are reading posts with a your mind open to enlightenment, rather than skimming posts thinking about how to defend your point.

I am here to state my position and support it with evidence, but I am also here to see if someone might be able to show me that I am misguided.

From Hobbes 1st post:
    As to the philsophy that people refuse to eat certain meats because the animal was raised in a cruel manner to preserve "tenderness" and such, I laud you for this. One of the problems of a capitalist system is that ranchers are all competing to get the most payback for their limited resources, so they confine their animals and pump them full of steroids and antibiotics. This is where society must step in and set the bar for what type of treatment is allowable and create agencies to enforce these guidelines.

What you are doing IS un-natural, but since you have the luxury of an abundant food source, your health will not suffer and your conscience will be appeased.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast