Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Is it me or is there no decent R&B music nowadays

  1. #1
    I went to uni during the early 2000s to mid and R&B was all the rage...loved it but in recent times I can't help but feel there's very little 'excellent' music - more just average or good at best. Nothing compells me to download/buy the latest stuff...

    to be honest, a large part of my music following died when Michael Jackson died. Looking over my folders, I've got them organised by decade and the 2010+ to today is only minimally poulated.

    /rant over.

  2. ** DONATE to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Music   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    24,014
    I checked a few "best of" lists for the 00's and they were populated by artists like Beyonce and Maxwell and Usher .Comparing that to earlier classics from names like Marvin Gaye,Otis Redding and Sam Cooke I think a lot of people could make the same case against your music of preference.

    /retort over.

    Oh sorry I didn't first check to see that you really didn't have a point in your rant beyond strengthening a request thread.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-19-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  4. Music   -   #3
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,398
    There's never been any decent RnB music...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

  5. Music   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    24,014
    Being a Scot you're whiter than everyone else so I'm not surprised that you feel that way.

    Also fuck off.

    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-19-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  6. Music   -   #5
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,265
    Ellipses go here.

  7. Music   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    24,014
    It didn't take very long for this thread to take a turn to the overwhelmingly gay.
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  8. Music   -   #7
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Being a Scot you're whiter than everyone else so I'm not surprised that you feel that way.

    Also fuck off.
    How very racialistic of you... being a Canuk I'm shocked you had a moose cawk out your hands long enough to reply

    Erm... no, you fuck off... so there!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It didn't take very long for this thread to take a turn to the overwhelmingly gay.
    Just trying to make you feel all at home...
    Last edited by Burnsy; 01-19-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

  9. Music   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Et tu,Bluto?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    24,014
    At least it's tastefully decorated.
    "Go out and feel the course. Burn the uphill and soar the downhills. When you burn, you say soar. And when you soar, you say burn".

  10. Music   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idol's guest bedroom
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    At least it's tastefully decorated.
    You decorate your moose cocks?
    prostitutin aint easy

  11. Music   -   #10
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    You decorate your moose cocks?
    Sure.

    I personally put a queen wig and cock sweater on mine. Reminds me of the time the queen visited Canada, minus the bodyguards.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •