Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Watched The Grey, it was good,but not what i was expecting from the trailer

2. Movies & TV   -   #102
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    My latest watch has been In Time, now I know this movie has been panned by the critics and there is some wooden acting ( Justin Timberlake in particular was trying to make his own forest) but this is a clever reimagining of the Robin Hood storyline.

It has been said that Sci-Fi reflects the time that it was created in, in terms of socio-political comment, and In Time is an interesting counterpoint to the current 1percent debate, while at the same time putting a spin on the concept of wealth.

In this imagined future too nobody wins, the wealthy are bored by their existence, and the fact that they have to constantly be careful, and must at all times be safe, while the poor, who are literally living day to day, always feel that they do not have enough time.

The story revolves around Will Salas a young man from the ghetto in a future where time is the currency, as in time on your life clock, when this reaches zero you're dead, you grow to 25 then you get an extra year when the clock starts. In this world everything costs time, a drink of coffee, a bus ride, rent, all cost units of time off your life clock, while working means you are paid time, so everyone works or finds a way to gain more time and in the ghetto everyone is existing day to day. The few rich are immortal or nearly so from all the years they have, but of course this is at the expense of the poor people 'timing out'.
    Once Will Salas discovers the essential truth, that the rich gain wealth from the death of others, and that noone has to die, he begins a fight to overthrow the system by giving back time to those who need it and in this the story is the quintessential Robin Hood storyline, in that not only does he rob from the rich to give to the poor, but he is also trying to bring down a corrupt system.

For the interesting social comment and the retelling of Robin Hood, this movie is worth a look, I enjoyed it, while at the same time having to forgive it's very matrix like acting, a good yarn even if parts of it were crappily done.
    Last edited by Artemis; 02-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Movies & TV   -   #103
    Drawn Together - The Movie
    Kind of like south park but with less language and more nudity.A big difference addressed in the cartoon, They don't try to bullshit some meaning at the end Of the show like SP.For this they get cancelled.In reality and in the toon.I would only suggest this to drawn together fans.Even said, This is not as good as the television show.

4. Movies & TV   -   #104
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Take Shelter- Michael Shannon, Jessica Chastain.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

A blue collar Ohio husband (with a family history of mental illness) begins to experience apocalyptic visions and struggles to protect his family...but from the coming horrors or from himself?

Take Shelter is the best movie I've seen since Rise of the Apes.
    Not at all the same kind of thing mind you, but equally impressive.
    Shannon and Chastain are great, the story engrossing.

You should see it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Movies & TV   -   #105
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I misread the title and got all excited there for a moment when I though it might be a Fast and Furious spinoff.
    Spoiler: Show
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I misread the title and got all excited there for a moment when I though it might be a Fast and Furious spinoff.
    You haven't been taking prose lessons recently at the mjmacky school of obfuscation at all?
    Last edited by Artemis; 02-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #107
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I would challenge you to a fight but I'm afraid the result would end up looking like this.

Btw little known fact but they had to remove all wet paper bags from the vicinity before they were able to complete that scene.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #108
    Poster
    The thing

and it's..............

9. Movies & TV   -   #109
    I would challenge you to a fight but I'm afraid the result would end up looking like this.

Btw little known fact but they had to remove all wet paper bags from the vicinity before they were able to complete that scene.
    I dunno, I always saw myself as the hero of a fightscene similar to this :

Unfortunately though, I'm all out of doggy bags.

10. Movies & TV   -   #110
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Who would be the cop and who would be the rapist between you and Artemis? You should have saved this one for me, as an indirect way of calling me a violent mulleted rapist.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast