Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    As far as rain goes for the "Noah" disaster this may make the movie a little more bearable for me...

Well, the green 28oz enema concept will change how I think of rappers referring to "making it 'rain' " on strippers...
    Hahahahahhaahaa!

(Now I'm crying green tears of joy! Made my day! ...thanks Meg for that visual insight!)

(Okay, screw it, tomorrow is Sunday anyway... perhaps a mild hallucinogenic will make it... well... a "different" movie all together.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-05-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Its kean to be green!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #502
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story (2014)

An almost Shakespearean story of the destructive power of greed.

I would recommend it highly if I thought for a second that anyone on this site would watch it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-06-2014 at 01:22 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #503
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story (2014)

An almost Shakespearean story of the destructive power of greed.

I would recommend it highly if I thought for a second that anyone on this site would watch it.
    I watched it today. Once you see footage of him before taking the numerous drugs and sucking wind, then see him sprint uphill while talking on his headset, it is hard to be impressed with his career. The destruction he caused to everyone around him is also a surprise to those of us who really saw him as just a kind-hearted guy on a bike.

Looking back, getting both testicular and brain cancer in his early 20s should have been a clue as to his steroid use.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #504
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I was dragged into watching Transformers 4.

I wanted to shoot myself during the movie.

I'm sorry I can't critique the plot more than that, there really wasn't one in the first place.

5. Movies & TV   -   #505
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I was dragged into watching Transformers 4.
    Probably a lie.

Also, I believe you were wanting to shoot yourself when you couldn't wrap your head around a commodity, thus your critique was still too vague.

I'll elaborate, anyone who sits through an entire viewing of a movie that was self-evident shit can only blame themselves. I would have bought a gun and shot all my friends before ever watching Noah or Transformers 3, 4, 5, 6 movies. Then, having realized I just abandoned one of my principles, I would have raped a baby, then shot myself in the brain stem while I was still inside the infant. The only note I would have left behind is "I <3 Michael Bay, so I decided to explode inside this baby".
    Last edited by mjmacky; 07-06-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #506
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Probably a lie.
    Ok. I'm not going to waste time trying to prove otherwise as I don't see the point, but please continue to make aloof assumptions about other people while not contributing in anyway yourself if it makes you feel better.

Also, I believe you were wanting to shoot yourself when you couldn't wrap your head around a commodity, thus your critique was still too vague.
    No, I don't think I mentioned anything even close to that. I do seem to recall that all you would do is post vague links and assume superiority in that your argument is always correct without really elaborating. When you finally decided that you would elaborate on your argument, you never posted again. If you want to continue the debate I'd be glad to do so, I'm still waiting.

(I saw this after posting)
    I'll elaborate, anyone who sits through an entire viewing of a movie that was self-evident shit can only blame themselves.

I valued spending time with my friends over the critical validity of the movie.
    Last edited by Rart; 07-06-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Movies & TV   -   #507
    Ok. I'm not going to waste time trying to prove otherwise as I don't see the point, but please continue to make aloof assumptions about other people while not contributing in anyway yourself if it makes you feel better.
    A legless IRS accountant/hall monitor/self-proclaimed mp3 encoding master just passed me note. Let's see what it says... OK. He thinks you're lame.

No, I don't think I mentioned anything even close to that. I do seem to recall that all you would do is post vague links and assume superiority in that your argument is always correct without really elaborating. When you finally decided that you would elaborate on your argument, you never posted again. If you want to continue the debate I'd be glad to do so, I'm still waiting.
    I may have taken a permanent reprieve, or I may have posted things that you simply didn't bother to read. In either case, I remember that you were either not willing or not capable of comprehending. I haven't chased my tail since I was a pup. No, wait, I haven't chased my tail since I was a kitten. Don't take my condescending refusal of your invitation personally. I already work overtime educating yearning yearlings, and I have the sense of mind to not suck the heroin out of your veins and return it to the syringe. Don't put that on me, grasshopper.

I valued spending time with my friends over the critical validity of the movie.
    Sounds like to me that you were so desperate or needing to please people that you're willing to hurt yourself.

Either that, or you've accepted that your best chance at a friendship circle is a group of halfwits or pubescent teens, in which case, is there really a difference?

8. Movies & TV   -   #508

Don't take my condescending refusal of your invitation personally. I already work overtime educating yearning yearlings, and I have the sense of mind to not suck the heroin out of your veins and return it to the syringe. Don't put that on me, grasshopper.
    That's fine. I wasn't holding it against you if you didn't want to continue it. It's just the fact that where you constantly bring up old topics (hardware thread, bitcoin) to somehow demonstrate your superiority when you contributed jack shit to the conversation yourself. It's easy to critique from the sidelines.

In either case, I remember that you were either not willing or not capable of comprehending.
    That's funny, cause I remember most of the conversation going along the likes of me elaborating my point, and you either just stating the my argument was just flat out wrong, asking a vague abstract question, or linking a massive article with no context. I guess we have different definitions of "willing or capable of comprehending".

Sounds like to me that you were so desperate or needing to please people that you're willing to hurt yourself.

Either that, or you've accepted that your best chance at a friendship circle is a group of halfwits or pubescent teens, in which case, is there really a difference?
    I had more fun spending the time with my friends than how much I didn't enjoy the movie. Anyone that thinks they can only find friends that share every single interest with them is going to be pretty lonely. But sure, please continue judging me and critiquing how I live my life.

9. Movies & TV   -   #509
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    But sure, please continue judging me and critiquing how I live my life.
    I'll defend you, Rart.

Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #510
    I had more fun spending the time with my friends than how much I didn't enjoy the movie. Anyone that thinks they can only find friends that share every single interest with them is going to be pretty lonely. But sure, please continue judging me and critiquing how I live my life.
    I didn't doubt that you enjoyed your time with them. I mean, I can picture your pleasure. A big explosion happens on screen; your halfwit pubescent friend's face lights up with unadulterated glee, and you steal a paused glance. Not too long though, you don't want to freak anybody out. Lucky for you, the explosion lasted a good 5 seconds before the scene shifted to a shot of an actor's face. Having spotted that out of the corner of your eye, you faced forward again. Your friend, who just realized that they were experiencing a sense of being watched, looks over to check, but is instead left with doubt after missing the opportunity for confirmation. You know, however, that during those 5 seconds, they were yours, all yours. Every wrinkle, dimple, and curved outline belonged to you, in that moment, when you fully appreciated that they would have there with them to claim it.

I, on the other hand, judge character pretty critically. I wouldn't have a friend that invites me to see the 4th Transformers movie. There might be an acquaintance who could commit such a revealing faux pas, but then I'd hold it against them, and rather vocally. It's called filtering (or maybe distillation).

Now, I would say it's adorable that you thought it was some kind of debate, but it isn't, it isn't in any way adorable. I hold higher standards than that.

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast