Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    In stark contrast, I finished watching 'Merkin Sniper last night. Not impressed. Would not have known Eastwood directed it, since his other movies have been far more engaging. This one left me cringing after Bradly Cooper (in an almost comically bad attempt at a Texas drawl) declared that " 'Merika is the GREATEST country on Earth" runs off to join the Navy SEALS in spite of not liking water.

More of a propaganda film for a decade+ old war nobody cares about anymore than entertainment. I give it about 5.5/10. Would not play it for a friend if we were bored and looking for something to watch.
    Sorry, I cried at the end, but to each our own buddy.

(...you know it just 'coulda been the pain that night.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I sort of watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.I say "sort of" because overblown and given to taking itself so painfully seriously as it was it failed to really hold my attention and my mind kept drifting off.

I'm pretty sure somebody died and good triumphed over evil and all involved went home rich but other than that I'm fuzzy on the exact details.

I also watched American Sniper which was good if making up stuff as opposed to telling how things actually happened in a supposed biography is good and I'm pretty sure all politicians agree it is.

Anyway for anyone, that being no one who cares....
    Again I'd have to agree with Idol... I'm starting to get sick of elves too.

TOTALLY AGREE with that last statement... as I don't care either.
    Last edited by Stehle; 01-29-2015 at 11:33 PM. Reason: "Entertainment"
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

2. Movies & TV   -   #602
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Sorry, I cried at the end, but to each our own buddy.
    Want to read something really sad even though obviously you'd be nuts to want to?

Obviously the last part is directed towards MegOlegL.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011...ved-companion/

Personally I would have stood back and let Luttrel kill those guys .Probably even would have smiled when he did it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #603
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Exodus: Gods and Kings

I fell asleep and Bale is no Heston.

(As critical as I can get right now, but I do remember the Red Sea parted before I nodded off.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #604
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

I've only seen the preview for that, but could not get over how oddly cast Bale was for the part. Thought it was a parody/fan-made video at first. True story.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #605
    Stehle's Avatar Poster

I've only seen the preview for that, but could not get over how oddly cast Bale was for the part. Thought it was a parody/fan-made video at first. True story.
    Actually him playing off his step / half / weird makeup'd Egyptian so called brother "Ramesses" is a hoot, so you might be right.

(...wait 'till you get to "The Plague of Boils"...and you'll see what I mean.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-07-2015 at 02:01 AM. Reason: So It Is Written

6. Movies & TV   -   #606
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'll give it a shot tonight for weirdness factor alone.

PS- My tight PM box is quivering with anticipation of your delivery.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-07-2015 at 05:08 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #607
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Monsters: Dark Continent ...I had high hopes for this sequel, some great shots at first, but it went to shit fast... and stayed there in some incomprehensible nonsense that was ended with a scream. (It took me a second or two to know whether it came from me or this film.)

Fan's of the first... do yourself a favor and save a couple of hours... (wish I did)...and know it could have been done much, much better.
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-15-2015 at 10:49 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #608
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Good Kill" as the name aptly applies your imagination may run to other blatant war or violent movies. Slow but endearing as many subplots including, but not limited to, mans inhumanity to man, lethal technology present today, moral dilemmas and a love story.

Ethan Hawke stars... half decent acting abounds. Las Vegas / Afghanistan (simulated) location cinematography provides sharp contrasts in this modern tale.

WARNING: If your against the use of drone (unmanned) aircraft in a war scenario DON'T watch this film. If you belive there are real cold idiots in that alphabet soup we call "The Government" DO watch it and always remember it's just a movie. (Watching the last 5 minutes of the film may explain the fiirst 93 minutes)
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-08-2015 at 11:38 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

9. Movies & TV   -   #609
    shaina's Avatar Poster

They banned this movie In some countries , because they casted white people wearing make-up , instead of real tanned white people.

10. Movies & TV   -   #610
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

They banned this movie In some countries , because they casted white people wearing make-up , instead of real tanned white people.
    Yeah, and I even bet that didn't help sell any tickets. Even for FREE that was some of the worst shite I've seen on TV lately.
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-08-2015 at 11:36 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.