Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Have you had a chance to watch Adam's Apples yet, ps?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #482
    I certainly did. Meant to get back to you on that; Netflix was giving me trouble so I had to track down a 9 year old scene release. Enjoyed it even more when I realized it was Hannibal Lecter in the Book of Job. The Coen brothers' A Serious Man had been my favorite riff on the theme up until this.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 06-05-2014 at 05:53 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #483
    Pleased you enjoyed it. I've seen it 3 times now. Have found more and appreciate the film more each time. Amazing to see Mads play the polar opposite of Lechter. Funny he also has his part of cannibalism in Green Butchers- which makes his role in Hannibal almost eerily natural.

I am working my way through the Mikkelsen collection and plan to do a write-up of the best when I've seen the majority. He's really at the top of my list for favorite actors right now.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #484
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Transcendence"....what can I say... {sigh}...great premise. Could have been a great scifi film.... but what I saw last night fell flat.

High hopes and perhaps a lesson in the state of CGI last year. Johnny D you failed me again. 'nuff said.

(I even made that special "Movie Theater Butter" popcorn dammit!)

(...to be fair and perhaps even more critical... the popcorn was much better.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-03-2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: OR's "Movie Theater Butter" Popcorn RuLz!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #485
    Poster
    You say Divergent, but mention Johnny D. Do you mean Transcendence?

6. Movies & TV   -   #486
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by All View Post
    Yes, yes I did!

(It's been edited, thank YOU!)

(I knew I took too many... going to lay down now. Thanks again!)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #487
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    He basically lost me at "I like 24" anyway.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #488
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    He basically lost me at "I like 24" anyway.
    Sorry about that, my apologize, (was way to much early celebration this morning), but when you said you had 23 drunken sailors lined up for the 4th of July festivities... I passed out.

(How does that work? Do you all take turns?)

(I will admit as a member of "The Cult of Jack"...after a brief encounter in that shadow world of mine (all organic herbs, shrooms, tonics & stuff), I went to bed last week chanting "Chloe, Chloe, Chloe..."...weird huh? It must be those eyes.)

9. Movies & TV   -   #489
    Just watched Noah. Without exaggeration, one of the worst movies I've seen in my life. Not a single positive thing to say about it, TBH.

If Emma Watson had been sucking my balls and Jennifer Connelly tongued my ass through the entire film, their efforts could not save this. It really is that bad.

10. Movies & TV   -   #490
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Haven't and won't see it after reading about the ludicrous CGI but I'm pretty sure that purely as a platform for entertainment I could fix the movie with four simple words.

Spoiler: Show

See this is why I'm a genius high powered Hollywood executive and you're you.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast