Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Sanctum

This had more hype than it should of gotten. It's not a bad movie but not great either. I was actually predicting things before they happened. It's too formulaic.

2. Movies & TV   -   #82
    Cronicle, Its Quite Good, But I Wont Say To Much, Go See It / Download It.

3. Movies & TV   -   #83
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCitizen View Post
    Do we really need to explore every genre of film with the found footage model?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #84
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Sort of negates the premise of the whole thread then.
    Maybe you should start another one entitled "Stuff I like yet refuse to talk about."
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #85
    The Trailer Pretty Much Explains The Movie, Not Sure What Else I Can Really Give You Without Wreaking The Story. Just Advising Its A Good Movie To See.
    Last edited by CyberCitizen; 02-07-2012 at 10:30 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #86
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The Trailer Pretty Much Explains The Movie, Not Sure What Else I Can Really Give You Without Wreaking The Story. Just Advising Its A Good Movie To See.
    Your guidance councilor called and he wanted me to tell you that he doesn't see movie critic as a viable job option.

The Trailer Pretty Much Explains The Movie.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Movies & TV   -   #87
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by arg57 View Post
    Underworld: Awakening is the latest movie which I'd seen.

Awakening is a 3D action-horror film. After sitting out on 2009's Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Kate Beckinsale returns as werewolf hunter Selene in Underworld: Awakening, the fourth of the film series. Revolves around a centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires and their one-time werewolf slaves, the Lycans. After being held in a coma-like state for fifteen years, vampire Selene (Kate Beckinsale) learns that she has a fourteen-year-old vampire/Lycan hybrid daughter, Eve, and when she finds her, they must stop BioCom from creating super Lycans that will kill them all.

This film begins with vampiress Selene waking up after being in a cryogenically frozen state for 12 years..The story revolves around when human forces discover the existence of the Vampire and Lycan clans, a war to eradicate both species commences. The vampire warrioress Selene leads the battle against humankind.

A sloppy, messy, frankly dumb action/horror hybrid, but at least it moves quickly and delivers the goods.Swedish directorial partners Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein, who co-scripted and produced have pretty much two thoughts in their heads regarding Underworld: Awakening: that Beckinsale looks good in a skin-tight suit and flowing black duster, particularly when she lands in a casual crouch after jumping from a great height, and that CGI werewolves roaring, leaping, and getting shot never gets old. But given the film’s barely pro forma plot and generic action, it obsolesces surprisingly quickly.
    This sounds awesome despite your well written decrial.
    I've never heard of this franchise which I think is strange given the subject matter. I like vampire stuff.
    I need to be more like Idol.

Wonder if a 3D version is on the internets yet.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Movies & TV   -   #88
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Your guidance councilor called and he wanted me to tell you that he doesn't see movie critic as a viable job option.

The Trailer Pretty Much Explains The Movie.
    Ok It Ends With One Family Member Having To Kill The Other. Way To Wreak The Movie...
    Regards

9. Movies & TV   -   #89
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    This sounds awesome despite your well written decrial. I've never heard of this franchise which I think is strange given the subject matter. I like vampire stuff. I need to be more like Idol. Wonder if a 3D version is on the internets yet.
    Hi Manker,

How have you not heard of this movie franchise. I liked the first one alot, the one where Selene wasn't in it was pretty lame, but it tried to create the back story that most movies seem to be doing now days with their sequels or are the prequels?

I am wanting to see this, but I hope they having cheezed up the movie just for the 3D, alot of movies have been doing that, basically making bullets & stuff wizz past your head. They make the movie on normal screens look ridiculous. This is where I liked Avatar in the sence that it was in 3D & showed the space between people & such, but not the in your face 3D that most movies are doing.

Eg Stuff Like This With The Candy Cane.
    Attachment 99226
    Regards

10. Movies & TV   -   #90
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    This sounds awesome despite your well written decrial. I've never heard of this franchise which I think is strange given the subject matter. I like vampire stuff. I need to be more like Idol. Wonder if a 3D version is on the internets yet.
    Hi Manker,

How have you not heard of this movie franchise. I liked the first one alot, the one where Selene wasn't in it was pretty lame, but it tried to create the back story that most movies seem to be doing now days with their sequels or are the prequels?

I am wanting to see this, but I hope they having cheezed up the movie just for the 3D, alot of movies have been doing that, basically making bullets & stuff wizz past your head. They make the movie on normal screens look ridiculous. This is where I liked Avatar in the sence that it was in 3D & showed the space between people & such, but not the in your face 3D that most movies are doing.

Eg Stuff Like This With The Candy Cane.
    Attachment 99226
    Hai, dewd.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's as if other aspects of a movie don't have to be structured so well because of the fantastic 3D effects. Having said that, this has been the case with stunts and action movies since time immemorial.

I probably hadn't heard of the franchise because I can't honestly remember the last time I saw a trailer. I find downloading much less of a chore than going to the cinema and films aren't my preferred medium for entertainment anyhow.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast