Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

marklefe's Avatar Poster
    Johnny English Reborn. Given I had so little expectations going into the film, it actually turned out a lot better than I thought. Enjoyed it a lot actually.

2. Movies & TV   -   #92
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I need to be more like Idol.
    Handsome,charming rogue with questionable grammatical skills isn't as big a party as one would like to believe.

Or whatever I just said but with more sense added.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #93
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I need to be more like Idol.
    Handsome,charming rogue with questionable grammatical skills isn't as big a party as one would like to believe.

Or whatever I just said but with more sense added.
    Handsome too

This just adds to the picture in my mind's eye of you as a birthright member of the idle rich, perched at the edge of a chamois leather seat, fingers poised with intent above an ergonomic and biologically designed bespoke Hello Kitty keyboard with peptide add-ons, itching to comment upon the squareness of Matt Damon's jaw and its implications regarding the validity of the Bourne franchise.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Movies & TV   -   #94
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    This just adds to the picture in my mind's eye of you as a birthright member of the idle rich
    Keep in mind that it'd still be Canadian rich, so that's like a quarter millionaire or something.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Movies & TV   -   #95
    itching to comment upon the squareness of Matt Damon's jaw and its implications regarding the validity of the Bourne franchise
    I would but I just re-watched Good Will Hunting and am currently struggling with the concept that it could be possible for both Ben Affleck and Robin Williams to star in the same movie and not have it suck.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    This just adds to the picture in my mind's eye of you as a birthright member of the idle rich
    Keep in mind that it'd still be Canadian rich, so that's like a quarter millionaire or something.
    On February 8, 2012, 1.00 Canadian Dollar(s) = 1.00 U.S. dollar(s), at an exchange rate of 1.0030 (using nominal rate).
    The worst part about this is that fewer Americans are now motivated to come to Canada and embarrass themselves for our entertainment.

6. Movies & TV   -   #96
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I re-watched Pitch Black, last night.

Been working my way through a lot of old sci-fi movies again, lately.

It's basically the one movie starring Vin Diesel I know of that isn't shit.

It's a sci-fi movie in the same vein as alien.

Spaceship crashes, survivors are stranded on desert planet that turns out to have some really nasty inhabitants, and thus hilarity ensues as the survivors try to get past the native fauna and off the planet.

Rhada Michell never looked better, the environments feel believable and while just as uncomplicated a story as described above, that also works. Basically a low budget sci-fi horror done really well.

The sequel(s, if you count the anime) sucked, though. But another one is in the works and hopefully they'll do it right again, assuming they ever finish it.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-08-2012 at 06:19 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #97
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    On February 8, 2012, 1.00 Canadian Dollar(s) = 1.00 U.S. dollar(s), at an exchange rate of 1.0030 (using nominal rate).
    The worst part about this is that fewer Americans are now motivated to come to Canada and embarrass themselves for our entertainment.
    I would have made it clear if it was an exchange rate joke. Toronto still emptied much of my bank account while I was there. They are so welcoming, I thought they were prepared to valet my car at the border, and all without expecting a tip.

Garrison Keillor: The Man on the Radio in the Red Shoes

I gave it a view through based on my enjoyment of A Prairie Home Companion, but even if you're a fan, this documentary isn't really worth your time. They play back a little bit from their shows, but the rest of it seems to focus heavily on Garrison's dual fixation on NY and simplicity. I already kind of knew what he looked like, but while watching him in this, I couldn't help but see that a fat Drew Carey had a child with Michael Moore, who then aged 50 years and lost some of the baby weight.

I think about the only thing I took away was a quote like "an English major prepares you for impersonating authority", which he said after dictating the musical direction to the musical director of their program. Anyways, I just happened to catch it on Hulu last week, but it wasn't really rewarding. Just venting I guess.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Movies & TV   -   #98
    .......itching to comment upon the squareness of Matt Damon's jaw and its implications regarding the validity of the Bourne franchise.

Damon's Bourne like Cruise's Ethan Hunt seems to condemned to the same redundancy bin, both apparently to be superseded by Jeremy Renner.

Now all Renner has to do is talk the Broccolis into casting him as Bond and he will have the spy genre entirely to himself.

9. Movies & TV   -   #99
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Re-watched the Matrix trilogy.

No point in summarizing any of that. If you missed them you were probably making your man a sandwich or something and have more important things to do now, like shop for shoes or make another sandwich.

The first movie, the Matrix is pretty good. While I wasn't as distracted by all the neat environs and innovative action-scenes as the first time around, and thus noticed how poor some of the acting was, it's still a good story.

The other two, Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix: Revolutions, get worse, and the bits where characters are replaced with CGI-doubles, which gets more and more common as the story rolls along, are downright bad.

That said, The Animatrix, a compilation of short animated features in the Matrix-universe, which I also watched, is better than both sequels, and worth a watch for those who'd like the see more of the story.

10. Movies & TV   -   #100
    Re-watched The Painted Veil, powerful romance with excellent cinematography.

Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast