Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

They banned this movie In some countries , because they casted white people wearing make-up , instead of real tanned white people.
    Yeah, and I even bet that didn't help sell any tickets. Even for FREE that was some of the worst shite I've seen on TV lately.
    Watched it over the course of 2 nights. Honestly was confused as to why Moses was even necessary as God just did all the work anyway. I get "God's messenger" aspect, but that was done so poorly that I could not bring myself to give a phuck. Even the final plague was like "Meh', get to the parting of the sea- that should look cool..."
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #612
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Yeah, and I even bet that didn't help sell any tickets. Even for FREE that was some of the worst shite I've seen on TV lately.
    Watched it over the course of 2 nights. Honestly was confused as to why Moses was even necessary as God just did all the work anyway. I get "God's messenger" aspect, but that was done so poorly that I could not bring myself to give a phuck. Even the final plague was like "Meh', get to the parting of the sea- that should look cool..."

Parting of the Sea....
    Now... Get that CGI working...
    Past... Jesus Christ we have to get that blue jello to look more realistic !!!

Well if Moses didn't bring the message to the pharos , to let the Hebrews go , and talk to G-D , and give the people the all mighty way to live life. Who would do it??

It is like if Jesus didn't con a few saps to think he was the son of G-D (again we go direct to the boss) and have them follow him , Christianity wouldn't exist today.
    Last edited by shaina; 04-09-2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Movies & TV   -   #613
    I get the value as presented narratively from the Bible, I just thought it was expressed poorly in the show. Non-believers lacking convictions, depending on special effects to carry the story along just didn't work. Go figure.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-09-2015 at 05:01 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #614
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I get the value as presented narratively from the Bible, I just thought it was expressed poorly in the show. Non-believers lacking convictions, depending on special effects to carry the story along just didn't work. Go figure.
    It is because you have probably watched the Charlton Heston narrative of the Ten Commandments multiple times over the years. True or not , embellished or not, it just seemed to stick in your head , no matter what race or nationality. The story just seemed to flow better. Being the 3 attempts to narrate what happened in history (first attempt to film was 1923) , the 2nd version just seems to stick in your mind.

5. Movies & TV   -   #615
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Okay, we'll just chair this topic for now... I REALLY want to get into the critical details of "50 Shades of Grey"

(Ladies it's all a bit alien to all of us, so just be honest!!)
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-26-2015 at 01:56 AM.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #616
    Okay, we'll just chair this topic for now... I REALLY want to get into the critical details of "50 Shades of Grey"

(Ladies it's all a bit alien to all of us, so just be honest!!)
    My estrogen-based side I've been tempted to grab it now that the Blu Ray has leaked. In a totally manly sort of way, of course and because of boobs.

7. Movies & TV   -   #617
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Just watched Spy. It's a comedy so don't expect any best picture awards anytime soon but for a comedy it's quite well done. It has a lot of great moments and as expected, Melissa McCarthy is amazing and is the driving force behind why this movie is so great. I was also very pleasantly surprised by Jason Statham, whom I have not watched any movies of (for good reason I think) but was hilarious in this movie. And adding a cherry to the top of an already good movie, while the inevitable girl power feminism is there, it is pretty subtle and not nearly as cringeworthy or preachy as some others coughsupergirlpilotcough. A great light hearted comedy and definitely worth a watch. And even if you didn't like it you get to see Rose Byrne in some cute outfits for 2 hours. What's not to love? I'll give it an 8/10.

8. Movies & TV   -   #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Melissa McCarthy is amazing
    Tough premise here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rart
    pleasantly surprised by Jason Statham, whom I have not watched any movies of (for good reason I think)
    Seriously?! He only really plays one character, but he has been in some decent films. Get mom's permission and I will point you in the right direction of Stathamdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rart
    you get to see Rose Byrne in some cute outfits for 2 hours.
    Not a bad conclusion. May check it out.

9. Movies & TV   -   #619
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Originally Posted by Rart
    Melissa McCarthy is amazing
    Tough premise here.
    People say that but at some point you have to step back and stop blaming the material.

Tammy
    Tammy

2013/I
    The Heat
    Mullins

The Hangover Part III
    Cassie

Identity Thief
    Diana

This Is 40
    Catherine

Life as We Know It
    DeeDee

The Back-up Plan
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #620
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Tough premise here.

Seriously?! He only really plays one character, but he has been in some decent films. Get mom's permission and I will point you in the right direction of Stathamdom.

Not a bad conclusion. May check it out.
    My caveat is that I have a different set of standards for comedies. You aren't going to find Bryan Cranston or Matthew McConaughey level acting here, but for a comedy Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham do quite well.