Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Gotta love the parts that happen in YA that couldn't happen in the other films of the genre.
    And I love that went with crazy without going full single white female crazy.
    Score one for semi-functioning penises everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #142
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

And I love that went with crazy without going full single white female crazy.
    Score one for semi-functioning penises everywhere...
    I'm sure he got off rather quickly.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #143
    Just watched The Devil's Double. It was good for what it was, but I felt that it really tried to hard to be an action film, but just didn't have enough material. Also, I heard it took a few liberties in some of the more crazier scenes. I'd recommend it though.

4. Movies & TV   -   #144
    footloose........pathetic!!!!!! bad acting, bad story, ok screenplay

5. Movies & TV   -   #145
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by zevlas View Post
    footloose....... bad story, ok screenplay
    I would tell you that makes little sense but from your sudden influx of posts I have a feeling contributing something worthwhile to the movie section isn't high on your list of priorities here.

Update:I seem to be psychic .

Quote Originally Posted by zevlas View Post
    TT Buffered very old account + 1 invite on the account

HDChina old buffered account + mail

SCC old donor acc

looking for offers
    Please now do fuck off.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-23-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #146
    I don't know if anyone's heard of it but I just watched this little known and relatively un-hyped movie called The Hunger Games.
    I think I have been forever put off to teen star cross lover triangle thingies by Twilight so that part of the movie I could have definitely done without but Jennifer Lawrence is utterly convincing as Katniss Everdeen and basically single-handedly lifts the whole dopey mess to another level entirely.
    I say mess even though it isn't because I thought the movie stumbles badly right near the end resolving far too quickly and conveniently.
    Other than that I was surprised that Donald Sutherland having lost some of his lean and hungry look and chubbied up a bit was a good fit for President Snow.

All and all not a bad film ,evoking some real emotion and even after losing much of the relational subtext of the novel , definitely worth a watch.

7. Movies & TV   -   #147
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    John Carter

What it isn't: A grand epos that will last for millenia.

What it is: A fairly enjoyable Narnia meets Star Wars type of deal.

The effects were decent, and while the script wasn't amazing, nor was it terrible. Basically it's a light fantasy/sci-fi adventure with visuals that won't make your eyes bleed. Also, there are no annoying children or a Jar-Jar Binks.

My previous experience of the story mostly involves old reprints of the John Carter: Warlord of Mars marvel comics from the seventies I read at my grandmother's house as a child, and a brief cameo of Carter's in LOEG, alongside Gullivar Jones. And for what it's worth, it lives up to what the comics promised. The five-year-old me who was flipping through the pages for the first time would have been ecstatic if he'd seen the movie, the current me still enjoyed it, and felt a bit nostalgic.

I'm giving it a thumbs up, or something else.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-27-2012 at 06:26 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #148
    Friends with Benefits Between this and The Hunger Games it shows how a movie can rise or fall all dependent of having a good casting director.

It's partly the writing's fault which is artificial in it's attempts(and fails) to be way to hip but both of the leads ,Timberlake and Kunis, bring zero and I mean zero, believability to their parts.
    Seeing as Rom-coms basically live or die on how much the audience likes/roots for/identifies the main characters basically everything else(which besides Woody Harleson turn as a gay sports editor isn't very much) is for naught here.
    Not horrible but flat as hell and leaves you asking yourself "why'd I bother?" at the end.

9. Movies & TV   -   #149
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Having seen him in a couple of movies now I suspect Justin Timberlake has been taking acting lessons from Keanu Reeves.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Movies & TV   -   #150
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Not the one to defend former teen pop stars, but Timberlake does a fantastic job in almost every skit I've seen him in on SNL.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.