Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    30 Days of Night : Dark Days

Let's be serious,the only things that the original movie had going for it was some originality,a decent cast and a n an interesting location. Basically take away all that and you get this mean-spirited,straight to video time waster.
    To be avoided by all except sickos in need of a little graphic gore.

One thing I have to mention though as this was obviously always meant to be a B(C) movie; what sort of idiot casts Diora Baird (she of the 32DD bust.See below) in something like this and then has her spend her entire time in the movie in a loose-fitting lumberjack shirt?

Attachment 109775

Geez the only reason that people still talk about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is for Jessica Biel in the wet wife-beater.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #192
    Memento (2000)
    I have heard of it before, but never watched it until yesterday. It is the sickes character impersonation by Guy Ritchie(although im not a big fan of him). It has a mind blowing plot, the story itself, the chronological order of the plot, the acting, cinematography. I loved everything about this film. A must watch for who likes intricate plots.

3. Movies & TV   -   #193
    Quote Originally Posted by gon69 View Post
    Memento (2000)
    It is the sickes character impersonation by Guy Ritchie(although im not a big fan of him).
    Could you repeat that but in English this time?

Quote Originally Posted by gon69 View Post
    Memento (2000)
    I have heard of it before, but never watched it until yesterday. It is the sickes character impersonation by Guy Ritchie(although im not a big fan of him). It has a mind blowing plot, the story itself, the chronological order of the plot, the acting, cinematography. I loved everything about this film. A must watch for who likes intricate plots.
    Since it appears that your entire interest in posting in this thread was so that you can gain entrance to the Trade Section I'd like to amend my comment to a simple "Fuck off"
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-27-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Movies & TV   -   #194
    This means war, it was Hilariously spectacular! hahaha!

5. Movies & TV   -   #195
    Contraband
    Was pretty good.I recommend it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #196
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC4LIFE View Post
    Contraband Was pretty good.I recommend it.
    I like the fact you managed to misspell the name of your own country. Smooth. 2Pac would be proud.Attachment 109915
    Last edited by megabyteme; 04-28-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Screen cap software trials
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #197
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffwill88 View Post
    This means war, it was Hilariously spectacular! hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC4LIFE View Post
    Contraband
    Was pretty good.I recommend it.
    If I may interject.I think the hope here is that people will give some insight into why they liked or didn't like a particular movie.
    In doing this it will (again hopefully) help other people determine if they might be interested in seeing it or if they have seen it give them a platform to express their contradictory or agreeing views on that film.

You don't have to write a review but something a little less vacuous would be truly appreciated.

8. Movies & TV   -   #198
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Well actually I'm sure I can do a better job of Contraband since it was the last movie I watched as well.

It is a fairly standard Mark Wahlberg vehicle, using the underdog getting back at the bad guise idea with a couple of surprising and clever twists. This movie is a very clever rollercoaster ride sans the big budget and refreshing without the special effects, it doesn't need them yet you are transported along by the story, and while some of the twists may be predictable, some most definitely aren't. As I said, a rollicking rollercoaster of an action ride. Switch brain off, kick back relax and be entertained.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Well actually I'm sure I can do a better job of Contraband since it was the last movie I watched as well.

It is a fairly standard Mark Wahlberg vehicle, using the underdog getting back at the bad guise idea with a couple of surprising and clever twists. This movie is a very clever rollercoaster ride sans the big budget and refreshing without the special effects, it doesn't need them yet you are transported along by the story, and while some of the twists may be predictable, some most definitely aren't. As I said, a rollicking rollercoaster of an action ride. Switch brain off, kick back relax and be entertained.

I read that there are 156 uses of the F-word.What I want to know is what kind of fucking idiot bothers to count?
    Anyway I'm tempted by your description as I like unstoppable heroes and mindless mayhem as much as the next guy but I just don't find Wahlberg to be that compelling of an actor to make it worth risking wasting my time over.

10. Movies & TV   -   #200
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Yes

-oops edit that wasn't exactly literate It's not meant to be compelling, but I promise you you won't be going ffs either (well you are anal, maybe you will) I treated it as a rollercoaster ride and enjoyed it, if you treat it as an engineering acomplishment it will be shit, it was done on a budget (yay!!!!!) it was done in South America (yay!!!!!!) and on a ship(yay!!!!!) you are getting the picture on the budget? yet it is a ripping yarn, so as I said, I kick back, warm up the popcorn and enjoy!!!!!!
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-28-2012 at 02:00 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73