Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    My Friend Flicka 19/43
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #322
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    My Friend Flicka 19/43
    Touché

3. Movies & TV   -   #323
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Scaramouche 19/52 .18 of those points are for the name.

The Debt 2010.
    An interesting if largely lacking in excitement tale of an ill fated mission by three Mossaud to capture a Nazi war criminal know as the Surgeon of Birkenau and bring him to justice and how what happened in the past still has repercussions in the present.

I was surprised that the bulk of the movie was told in an extended flashback and that the film was more driven by the core mystery than the action.
    Not a bad movie but I felt that mostly there was nothing in the characters to elicit much sympathy or disgust until it was almost too late to matter.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #324
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2012).
    There is not the slightest whiff of irony or cynicism in this movie- everything works out exactly as you'd hope (if you're a total optimist) and the old people win.
    Even the single death is a more or less happy one.

A first rate cast of British all stars- Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, etc.- are a group of retirees lured to an Indian retirement hotel run by- who else?- Dev Patel.
    There are no plot twists, the entire story is laid out and progresses in a series of cliches/tropes as if in a film school outline.

And yet I enjoyed it and was glad to have been entertained.
    Sometimes kind trumps epic.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Movies & TV   -   #325
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Keep 'em coming guys. This is a fantastic thread.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #326
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    The Debt 2010.
    An interesting if largely lacking in excitement tale of an ill fated mission by three Mossaud to capture a Nazi war criminal know as the Surgeon of Birkenau and bring him to justice and how what happened in the past still has repercussions in the present.
    Kind of sounds like Munich being reclassified under a different film genre.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Movies & TV   -   #327
    Chronicle
    (imdb link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593 )

Absolutely brilliant. The best low budget movie I've ever seen, enjoyed every second. The ending is a bit awkward but all in all this movie is different, highly recommend it.

8. Movies & TV   -   #328
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhitevision View Post
    Chronicle
    (imdb link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593 )

Absolutely brilliant. The best low budget movie I've ever seen, enjoyed every second. The ending is a bit awkward but all in all this movie is different, highly recommend it.
    Damnit! Me and wifey were watching that and never finished it. The only bad part is how they got those powers.

No one would do that shit.

The black kid was in The Wire.
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-27-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #329
    IMHO go ahead and finish it. of course, it has it's flaws but overall i kinda liked the idea of the movie and the way the scenes were shot.

10. Movies & TV   -   #330
    Dark Shadows

After hearing Danny Elfman's score, I was primed for this film. To my utter amazement it began upon a hill on high, and literally crashed over the
    Collinwood Clifts. Casting was workable, dear lord Mr Frid had not long passed before release. Vampire concept for Barnabus went from serious
    menacing and extraordinary to cheap comedic scripting, and the Angelique character again held promise, but went downhill from intense to comedic cheapening
    of the Dark Shadow series. And the totally unexplained werewolf daughter scene was the stake that killed this film for me. Dan Curtis must be rich, and senile.
    Sorry this was not as indepth as I would have wished, but I'm trying to actually forget this one. Do yourself a favor Christmas gift this one to anyone you don't consider a true friend, in fact I'd send it to my old boss as a gift.

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast