Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Safe House

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1599348/

Let me introduce my treatise on this movie by telling you how deeply underwhelmed I was by it. If you wish to read on further I will explain but that about encapsulates the whole movie right there.
    It was garbage, they make a couple of these movies every year that just use a different small hook. My mother-in-law eats these up which is the reason I grabbed it and watched it against my better prejudice. My in-laws also think Osama bin Laden is still running around the world and there's a huge cover-up.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #302
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Fastest- a documentary narrated by Ewan McGregor about MotoGP superstar Valentino Rossi.
    Even if you're not familiar with or a fan of motorcycle roadracing, Fastest has some of the most mesmerizing footage you're ever likely to see.
    A 350 lb. machine capable of speeds in excess of 220 mph is a magnificent thing to behold, especially in slow motion when you can truly appreciate the violence and beauty involved.

The film does not require much knowledge of the technical aspects or the history of the sport, just watch for the spectacle and marvel at the skill and bravery of the riders.
    Mostly in English, there are quite a few interviews in Italian with no subtitles...kind of weird.
    Doesn't really matter, the visuals are what matters.

I really enjoyed it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #303
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    A 350 lb. machine capable of speeds in excess of 220 mph is a magnificent thing to behold, especially in slow motion when you can truly appreciate the violence and beauty involved.
    For a second there, I almost thought you were talking about me.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #304
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Crazy Stupid Love. A sort of gentle, kinda old fashion film about the many travails of love.
    I liked it because it had a bad case of the uncynicals.

Steve Carell still does his Steve Carell thing but in this case it's muted and appropriate enough to the story not to bring the whole thing crashing down.
    Other than that I spent half the movie trying to place who played Emma Stone's boyfriend until it finally dawned on me that it was Josh Groban.

I discovered that he doesn't even need to sing to still be highly offensive.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #305
    50/50 For me a very good,bordering great movie. Not great in the Summer blockbuster giant battles sort of way but in a very human one.

Going in I actually had never been a fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and that goes all the way back to The Powers That Be, even though he's featured prominently in some movies that I have really liked.
    Here though he loses that little bit of annoying swagger that I have always associated with him and gives such an undeniably truthful performance that it basically makes the film.

The very ending was a minor let-down but there probably really any place else to go without tacking on a lot of pointless stuff that would have lessened the impact of the preceding scenes.
    As for Seth Rogen's character being too "unrealistic" I think he was meant to convey certain concepts/attitudes not be "realistic"

6. Movies & TV   -   #306
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Going in I actually had never been a fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and that goes all the way back to The Powers That Be, even though he's featured prominently in some movies that I have really liked.
    Here though he loses that little bit of annoying swagger that I have always associated with him and gives such an undeniably truthful performance that it basically makes the film.
    This "annoying swagger" is nowhere present in Brick or The Lookout, both of which I really enjoyed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Movies & TV   -   #307
    I don't know I still got a douche vibe off him in The Lookout.Maybe because his character was a douche.

I had to look up Brick because it didn't ring a bell and then I realized I have seen it and I'll give you that one. Weird movie though, stylish film noir for teens.

8. Movies & TV   -   #308
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    This "annoying swagger" is nowhere present in Brick or The Lookout, both of which I really enjoyed.
    Yeah, what "annoying swagger"....for that guy? I loved those movies.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #309
    It's an opinion,you don't have to agree with it.
    Anyway if you insist on disagreeing with everything I post just to be a douche please at least put some logic behind it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #310
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It's an opinion,you don't have to agree with it.
    Anyway if you insist on disagreeing with everything I post just to be a douche please at least put some logic behind it.

I wasn't talking to you and couldn't give a flying fuck whether you see logic in it.

I mean I think I've disagreed a whole two times. It ain't all o' dat so quit being the resident twunt.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast