Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    A movie is a movie is a movie and it takes as much if not more talent to be funny than to be dramatic.
    So stop regurgitating nonsense that people far less bright than you have written

You're better than that or else you wouldn't qualify as my mortal enemy.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-06-2015 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #622
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Looks like this thread keeps dying. I'll give it a kick.

Kung Fury (2015)

If you went through the 80s, like dinosaurs, or dig kung fu, this is your movie. It goes right past tongue, and puts a full sized erection to the cheek. It's a short film, and the entirety of the glorious ~30 min is watchable on youtube. Includes puns

I give it 1985 out of 2015 gas giants.

Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Movies & TV   -   #623
    It was sporadically really, really enjoyable as it had the 80's stuff skewered to a tee but other than that it was like one of those Saturday Night Live one premise skits and goes on too long to be able to sustain the joke.
    Would have been much better at 20 minutes.

4. Movies & TV   -   #624
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It was sporadically really, really enjoyable as it had the 80's stuff skewered to a tee but other than that it was like one of those Saturday Night Live one premise skits and goes on too long to be able to sustain the joke.
    Damn, I've had the same critique given to me in the bedroom...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #625
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    10 wasted minutes ain't half bad. Literally, it's less than half bad.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #626
    Southpaw

OK movie that hits most of the beats that movies like this are suppose to hit.
    It probably could have benefited from some tighter editing as 125 minutes seems long considering not a lot was happening most of the time.That and in my opinion the ending fell a little flat most likely because we all seen it many times before and better.

Still not sure if Gyllenhaal was actually good or not as most of his lines consisted of mumbling and swearing .
    Good soundtrack though.

Out of ten I give it a C+.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-28-2015 at 07:54 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #627
    I saw it last night, too. I had increased expectations after the first 20 minutes, then it ventured into a lot a bad things happening to him quickly (implausibly, IMO) followed by tedious pacing, and I fell asleep through most of the ending, but I got the montage.

Using a letter grade system, I give it a 4.5
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Movies & TV   -   #628
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I watched The Gift a couple days ago and liked it quite a bit. I came in to it expecting it to be rather predictable based on the trailer but it caught me off guard quite a few times and I genuinely didn't have any good theories on how the movie would it end until it, well, ended. (As for the ending, I don't think he did it.)

The primary complaint of the people who watched it with me was that there wasn't anyone in the movie who was really likable and that the characters were all kind of assholes which turned them off from the movie. It's a fair observation, but I don't really think it's essential to have likable character to make a good movie. I thought Breaking Bad was easily one of the best shows ever made and I didn't feel like any of the (main) characters were particularly likable.

Overall it had solid pacing, wasn't too predictable, and was pretty enjoyable throughout. It also nailed the creepy/awkward tone perfectly to keep you on the edge of your seat. I'd give it an 8.5.

Jason Bateman also plays an amazing asshole. I haven't seen any of his other stuff outside of Arrested Development, but I think it's a typecast he can do pretty well.

9. Movies & TV   -   #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I watched The Gift a couple days ago and liked it quite a bit. I came in to it expecting it to be rather predictable based on the trailer but it caught me off guard quite a few times and I genuinely didn't have any good theories on how the movie would it end until it, well, ended. (As for the ending, I don't think he did it.)

The primary complaint of the people who watched it with me was that there wasn't anyone in the movie who was really likable and that the characters were all kind of assholes which turned them off from the movie. It's a fair observation, but I don't really think it's essential to have likable character to make a good movie. I thought Breaking Bad was easily one of the best shows ever made and I didn't feel like any of the (main) characters were particularly likable.

Overall it had solid pacing, wasn't too predictable, and was pretty enjoyable throughout. It also nailed the creepy/awkward tone perfectly to keep you on the edge of your seat. I'd give it an 8.5.

Jason Bateman also plays an amazing asshole. I haven't seen any of his other stuff outside of Arrested Development, but I think it's a typecast he can do pretty well.
    Thanks Rart, I'll watch that as soon as someone uploads a quality stolen copy.

10. Movies & TV   -   #630
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    "Knock, Knock"...Critically DISTURBING!
    Keanu Reeves must be starving the poor soul. I think I saw Sandra Lockes name flashing up in the credits somewhere at the end. Looked like a film she did long ago, perhaps inspired by a mutual Eastwood nightmare.... plot holes abound, but definitely not for the squeamish!

Spoiler: Show
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson