Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Like toddlers taking swimming lessons at the local YMCA...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #572
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If you bathe instead of shower you are literally swimming in your own filth ..........only with bubbles.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #573
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Saw The Dark Knight Rises again. This was my second time as I haven't seen it in a while.

It still holds up pretty well. I do have a problem with Bane's voice. Not intimidating at all. That might have been the whole point (the give them a bit of hope BS), but I'm just not seeing it. Other than that very good. For a mainstream Hollywood flick.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. Movies & TV   -   #574
    I found Stretch (2014) to be entertaining. It has a solid cast who play interesting characters. It is about a hard-luck limo driver who desperately needs to make a large sum of money before his shift ends.

Any kind of in-depth analysis stands to spoil some of the fun. The show has momentum, which many cannot pull off. It has been available for download for the past week. Grab it and enjoy the ride.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #575
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Thanks Meg... I will!

(I was looking this weekend to get the taste of "American Horror Story" out of my brain.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #576
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Thanks Meg... I will!

(I was looking this weekend to get the taste of "American Horror Story" out of my brain.)
    Not sure what it is, but I'm just not "feeling it" with AHS Season 4.

7. Movies & TV   -   #577
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Thanks Meg... I will!

Not sure what it is, but I'm just not "feeling it" with AHS Season 4.
    Ryan Murphy along with M Night Shyamalan trying to disprove the adage that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Anyway my thoughts on the show......

Grotesque doesn't equate to horror.Grotesque turns people away,horror draws them,willing or not, in .

Repeat after me, sex and violence,sex and violence,sex and violence.
    Besides being a staple of almost every horror movie well,ever,sex sells.I'm pretty sure that only a flaming ghey such as Murphy would populate his show with leads like Jessica Lange,Kathy Bates(in a beard no less) ,Angela Bassett(penis optional) and Gabourey Sidibe and expect it to play to anybody except housewives and homosexuals like himself.

No balance.
    Well there's the bad and the ugly but I seem to be missing the good.To care,people need someone to root for.If not a "good" guy then at least a charismatic villain.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I found Stretch (2014) to be entertaining. It has a solid cast who play interesting characters. It is about a hard-luck limo driver who desperately needs to make a large sum of money before his shift ends.

Any kind of in-depth analysis stands to spoil some of the fun. The show has momentum, which many cannot pull off. It has been available for download for the past week. Grab it and enjoy the ride.
    Tempted as good cast/good if overused premise but strikes me ,especially from a guy like Carnahan,as being one of those overly busy stories where you have a bunch of unrealistic albeit colourful characters run around screaming a lot without ever actually doing anything of consequence so in the end you're left exhausted but empty.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-18-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Movies & TV   -   #578
    The Interview

Like watching a comedian do stand-up and sitting there with this silly grin on your face waiting for a punchline that never comes.One of those movies that you're fairly sure that they had a story but no actual script and just improvised most of the dialogue.

While not a horrible movie it is a relentlessly unfunny one and I defy anyone to show me one scene that was actually truly humourous.
    It's also not "bold" or insightful as all of the targets are of the easiest variety possible.

On a side note I honestly think that the people who rated it so highly on IMDB should have their posting privileges revoked. There's entitlement to your own opinion and then there's blatant stupidity.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-25-2014 at 02:01 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #579
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787
    On a side note I honestly think that the people who rated it so highly on IMDB should have their posting privileges revoked. There's entitlement to your own opinion and then there's blatant stupidity.
    4chan'ers trolled the rating.

10. Movies & TV   -   #580
    not going to give detailed critiques here, but will throw out a few of the movies I've seen lately that have been worth watching. Perhaps a couple will help entertain you as the new year rolls in. In descending order...

Book of life Let me just say that this is one of the better movies I've seen as a whole this year. Look at the cast behind it. This movie deserves more recognition than it has received.

Fury A big budget movie that delivers. I'm not a huge fan of war movies, but my hesitation towards this was not deserved.

The Drop Worth the watch. I enjoyed the under-played characters performed by A-listers.

Miss Meadows Katie Holmes shows that she can still sparkle even after posing as Cruise's beard for several years.

Son of a Gun Brenton Thwaites takes the lead role in this with Ewan McGregor doing what he's been good at in previous movies.

Tusk A quirky low-budget horror/comedy directed by Kevin Smith. Michael Parks' role makes it worth the watch.

Hope this helps you decide which shows to steal in the near future. Happy New Years!