Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Watched Expendables 3. Enjoyed Snipes & Gibson's scene chewing. Otherwise utter shit. Luckily, it reminded me of this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXwVxIN_kA My gf called me a baby for tearing up after this scene. Rourke's emoting in this utterly kills me. Whatever.

2. Movies & TV   -   #522
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It speaks infinitely to me of the "groups" that "release" movies that stuff like Expendables 3 and Transformers:AOE hit the internet hours after opening while worthwhile films that I actually want to watch sometimes never see the light of day.

Anyway not being gay I will watch E3 because Ronda Rousey's hot and I'm shallow and try to block out as much of the male bonding homo erotic overtones as I can.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #523
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It speaks infinitely to me of the "groups" that "release" movies that stuff like Expendables 3 and Transformers:AOE hit the internet hours after opening while worthwhile films that I actually want to watch sometimes never see the light of day.
    Obviously, someone from The Academy leaked this. Must have been submitted for "Most Homo Erotic Thriller Since Greco-Roman Wrestling" category. In theaters, they have designed a limited edition popcorn bucket that allows one "bro" to insert his penis through the bottom while the other(s) appear to only be sharing the snack.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #524
    I watched Transformers 4. With Mark Whalburg.

I was really dissapointed in the scripting, making optimus prime want to kill humanoids when in all other movies her wanted to protect the humans at all costs and even goes so far as to sacrifice himself.

Please, don't make a #5, you're just going to make it worse.

How about making Gobots or He-Man... or sheera.. or something else way cool.

Just my 2 cents worth!

5. Movies & TV   -   #525
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Divergent

This movie is a sort of summer camp rated 7,1 on IMDB due to the multiple teenagers at puberty who'd like to be trated as equals by adults and appreciated, maybe, just by the tipsy generation after 90's. I watched it thanks to Kate Winslet, I thought she made ​​the main role, not that kiddo. I prayed to end it sooner and I'll promise I'll read the plot first.

2/10
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

6. Movies & TV   -   #526
    Honestly liked Expendables 3. Sure, plenty of ways to pick it apart, but as a nonsensical shoot-em-up, it served its porpoise.

I give it 8/10 bullets for people who actually enjoy over-the-top action. The biggest downside comes from the protagonist team killing several hundred anonymous strangers, but flip the freak out when one of their own gets wounded. Yes, wounded.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #527
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Honestly liked Expendables 3. Sure, plenty of ways to pick it apart, but as a nonsensical shoot-em-up, it served its porpoise.
    I found it to be literally unwatchable.
    Now before you scoff and accuse me of unrealistic expectations let me draw your attention to this review on IMDB and the horrible shit that he actually thought was good.

Anyways I'm merely commenting so I can talk about how there was/is talk of an all female version of the Expendables which hopefully won't turn out like this.

Jesus Christ,Bridget Nielsen,not that anyone in that cast hasn't been hit very hard by the ugly stick.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #528
    Anyways I'm merely commenting so I can talk about how there was/is talk of an all female version of the Expendables which hopefully won't turn out like this.

Jesus Christ,Bridget Nielsen,not that anyone in that cast hasn't been hit very hard by the ugly stick.
    Bridget Nielsen wasn't hot when she was in her "prime". Never got the appeal except potential ghey musclemen in denial.

As for the Expendablettes, that sounds more frightening than all of the Krueger films put together. I think they already did that, it was called The Golden Girls.

9. Movies & TV   -   #529
    Come to think of it, an all female cast of "Expendables" in Hollywood would include any woman over the age of 30.

10. Movies & TV   -   #530
    Just made my way through Lucy. The premise is that Scarlett Johansson gets a drug in her system which "unlocks" the potential of the human mind/body. Even setting aside the flawed notion that we only utilize 10% of our brains, the movie still stinks. SJ is always nice to look at, which made the 90-ish minutes bearable, but there are so many plot points that are cringe worthy that the whole thing becomes a waste. Any philosophical-ish points in the film can be seen in Her which was less action-packed, but a better overall carrier of the concepts.
    As Idol would tell you, I have a decent tolerance for accepting movies for what they are. Heck, I even liked Expendables 3. This one doesn't even hold as much "respect" for the audience. Not quite as bad as Noah, but approaches it. Luc Besson wrote the thing, which surprised the heck out of me when I saw his name in the credits.

I must be wrong here because IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes give it a 6.3 and 63%, respectively. And it has grossed $101,348,300 (USA)(13 August 2014).
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-16-2014 at 07:10 AM.