Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 165663646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    If by matters worse you mean the bleeding, I have found that a paper towel is a sufficient remedy, and it's out of mind in a few minutes. You are purposely injuring your psyche. Now, I've done that too, and I still regret it.

Want to go see Star Wars together? We can make it a date. I'm open to pizza before or after, but I'd do away with blow jobs.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #652
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Spectre (2015)

Paid 5 pounds for the ticket + soda and popcorn; I intend to lodge a complaint to Bureau of Consumer Protection to get my 5 pounds back for this piece of shit that I saw.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

3. Movies & TV   -   #653
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Spectre (2015)

Paid 5 pounds for the ticket + soda and popcorn; I intend to lodge a complaint to Bureau of Consumer Protection to get my 5 pounds back for this piece of shit that I saw.
    Seems that you're not alone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/...r=hate;start=0

When even the 16 year old Taylor Swift fans turn against you, you know good and certain that you've produced a monumental pile a shit.

Seriously though,who the fuck decides to re-reinvent something when all the praise the Bond franchise has gotten the last few years is because it was stripped down and had moved away the Roger Moore type stupidity.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-15-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #654
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'd gotten wind of Spectre sucking, but am disappointed to learn how crappy Man from UNCLE turned out. Was planning to watch that soon. Vikander is one of my favorite females.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #655
    Since the reboot of the series with Goldeneye, I have managed to see every Bond film in the theater in November. I even kept with the tradition after Craig was named the new Bond. I still managed to go see Skyfall on a whim after not enjoying his first two showings. In two days, I'll break this cycle. I'm not sure what would have happened if I had convenient access to a cinema, but I'm done.

I can imagine that the only way I'll ever watch it is if it went available for streaming on Netflix.

I think I'm posting a review of not watching a film.

6. Movies & TV   -   #656
    So what you're saying is as far as you know, not much happened.

Btw I hate spam so let's try to stay on toe pick.

The Gift.Not to be confused with The Gift.

Good movie.At least one of them.I'm guessing the one with the lower IMDB rating because I've noticed that's how things work.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-29-2015 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Movies & TV   -   #657
    So what you're saying is as far as you know, not much happened.

Btw I hate spam so let's try to stay on toe pick.

The Gift.Not to be confused with The Gift.

Good movie.At least one of them.I'm guessing the one with the lower IMDB rating because I've noticed that's how things work.
    As far as I know, I don't know.

I didn't even realize there was one gift, and now there's two. Can you give a brief synopsis that differentiates between the two and tailor to someone who has no idea of either?

8. Movies & TV   -   #658
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I didn't even realize there was one gift, and now there's two. Can you give a brief synopsis that differentiates between the two and tailor to someone who has no idea of either?
    One was made pre 2000 so there are tits and an actual plot instead of stuff just occasionally happening.The other was made post 2000 and since it's not a TV show on some sort of premium service and doesn't involve ghey people there are no tits or plot.

It starts to get a bit more confusing though when you break it down further since they are both psychological thrillers starring Australians pretending to be Americans.

It gets even more confusing when you factor in that there is a third film called The Gift which is actually about ghey people yet as as far as I know not on TV and involves no Australians.

In a totally related note I just discovered that Joel Edgerton auditioned for the role of Ty-Zor in McG's "now-aborted" version of Superman.

The fact that McG's version of Superman never got made makes Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin sad as it must now remain as the worse superhero movie ever.

9. Movies & TV   -   #659
    and since it's not a TV show on some sort of premium service and doesn't involve ghey people there are no tits or plot.
    Although the viewing audience appreciates a coherent and fleshed out narrative, once it was discovered that we'd pay just to watch explosions for 90 min, such efforts became expendable. I stick with TV now because it's a much better moving picture medium for story telling. I always had a deeper appreciation for a film series over singular films. Bond might be an example, but Zatoichi is an even better example because there's no amnesia between films. This modern growth of, respect for, and investment into television we've been seeing over the past 15 years, I'm a fan.

I thought the recent Daredevil series paralleled the style of comics much more than anything I've seen to date. You see glimpses of it in some of the Marvel films, but the downtime for heroes in films always feels like it's set to a schedule, which is just another effect of creating a 90-150 min experience.

10. Movies & TV   -   #660
    The Hateful Eight (2015) Is this finally the movie that reveals that the emperor has no clothes?

It's increasingly clear that unlike the title credits say, Quentin Tarantino hasn't made eight movies he's only made two - Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs repeated seven times.

Take a cast of reprehensible characters throw them into a tale involving revenge, spruce it up with a bunch of long-winded dialogue that while itself may be entertaining does nothing to move the story along and end everything with a bloodbath and you're good to go.

I mean, seriously sometime during the course of this three hour edifice to poor editing I lost track if I was watching The Hateful Eight or Django or Inglorious Basterds.

Not a bad film, just an utterly disappointing one.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 12-22-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 165663646566676869 ... LastLast