Page 136 of 545 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    But then if you factor in the side-effects, and the terribly essential detoxing after, you're better off without it.
    Being that it is rather small and easily ionizable, it comes out in the urine pretty readily. So I don't see how one would need to attempt a detox rather than just let things run their course.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Lounge   -   #1352
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Forgive me, I missed the amyl in the middle.

Your body also produces DMT which Something Else mentioned, but I don't see you rushing to take that in for happiness or an edge. The thing most people ignore is that even if your body already produces something, it also regulates it. Your adding more to the pool of available proteins isn't really going to help. Sure, it increases a lot of Phosphate pathways etc. but there are other rate limiting steps involved in those pathways that are Creatine-independent. This is the explanation for all the muscle water weight you gain with Creatine. The body simply can't hydrolyze as fast as it needs, and it definitely can't utilize Creatine-P as fast as you supplement it. Your body can accustom itself to naturally produce that extra Creatine should it need it.

Your experience of feeling less exhausted after a work-out is not a placebo. But that's all the advantage Creatine supplements can actually give you. Creatine is great for short-burst energy, usually the 45 minute optimal work-outs etc. Other than that, it really can't do much in the body in the long-term. Just google "Creatine Efficacy" if you need more on that, but almost no one in the scientific/medical community thinks it's worth supplementing for the long term or for endurance sports.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Being that it is rather small and easily ionizable, it comes out in the urine pretty readily. So I don't see how one would need to attempt a detox rather than just let things run their course.
    Right, but given Creatine's increased concentration and the equilibrium to-and-fro fat deposits, the body stores more of it in fat when its activity (not to be confused with efficacy) is higher. These unnecessarily stored creatines can lay dormant in the body for decades and fuck your balance up later in life. This is one of the reasons why a lot of weight trainers adopt the 6/46 or 6/47 training schedule as opposed to a 7/52 which would logically provide higher gains. It lets the body run some of the stored water and excess creatine down, and is generally healthier for your muscles to grow at a slower pace and a slightly more natural environment.
    Ellipses go here.

3. Lounge   -   #1353
    Also, Idol, you're right. Work-out and PWO aren't high on my priorities. I prefer Tennis since I've all but given up relying on teammates. All I need is a couple of bananas and water.
    Ellipses go here.

4. Lounge   -   #1354
    Right, but given Creatine's increased concentration and the equilibrium to-and-fro fat deposits, the body stores more of it in fat when its activity (not to be confused with efficacy) is higher. These unnecessarily stored creatines can lay dormant in the body for decades and fuck your balance up later in life.
    We are talking about creatine, right?

creatine.gif

With all that hydrogen bonding and nitrogen/oxygen incorporation, what makes you think this would be lipid soluble, let alone finding itself readily incorporated into fatty acid chains? I've never studied creatine behavior or anything, but on a purely fundamental approach, the thought that "most of it is stored in fat" is beyond far fetched.

5. Lounge   -   #1355
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Forgive me, I missed the amyl in the middle.

Your body also produces DMT which Something Else mentioned, but I don't see you rushing to take that in for happiness or an edge. The thing most people ignore is that even if your body already produces something, it also regulates it. Your adding more to the pool of available proteins isn't really going to help. Sure, it increases a lot of Phosphate pathways etc. but there are other rate limiting steps involved in those pathways that are Creatine-independent. This is the explanation for all the muscle water weight you gain with Creatine. The body simply can't hydrolyze as fast as it needs, and it definitely can't utilize Creatine-P as fast as you supplement it. Your body can accustom itself to naturally produce that extra Creatine should it need it.

Your experience of feeling less exhausted after a work-out is not a placebo. But that's all the advantage Creatine supplements can actually give you. Creatine is great for short-burst energy, usually the 45 minute optimal work-outs etc. Other than that, it really can't do much in the body in the long-term. Just google "Creatine Efficacy" if you need more on that, but almost no one in the scientific/medical community thinks it's worth supplementing for the long term or for endurance sports.

Right, but given Creatine's increased concentration and the equilibrium to-and-fro fat deposits, the body stores more of it in fat when its activity (not to be confused with efficacy) is higher. These unnecessarily stored creatines can lay dormant in the body for decades and fuck your balance up later in life. This is one of the reasons why a lot of weight trainers adopt the 6/46 or 6/47 training schedule as opposed to a 7/52 which would logically provide higher gains. It lets the body run some of the stored water and excess creatine down, and is generally healthier for your muscles to grow at a slower pace and a slightly more natural environment.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #1356
    manker's Avatar effendi

I'm not reading all that scientician shit.

tesco would be appalled that his fantastic thread franchise is being sullied in this way.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #1357
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Idk. It might get interesting now.

8. Lounge   -   #1358
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

I'm not reading all that scientician shit.

tesco would be appalled that his fantastic thread franchise is being sullied in this way.
    I'm just trying to annoy everyone here, and see if Idol either botches a suicide attempt or swears off creatine for life.

9. Lounge   -   #1359
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Also, Idol, you're right. Work-out and PWO aren't high on my priorities. I prefer Tennis since I've all but given up relying on teammates. All I need is a couple of bananas and water.
    Tennis seems a lot more interesting than I remember it to be.

Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #1360
    We are talking about creatine, right?

With all that hydrogen bonding and nitrogen/oxygen incorporation, what makes you think this would be lipid soluble, let alone finding itself readily incorporated into fatty acid chains? I've never studied creatine behavior or anything, but on a purely fundamental approach, the thought that "most of it is stored in fat" is beyond far fetched.
    Fat stores Lipids and Water in a 1:3 ratio in its storage tissues. Basically almost any and all circulatory molecules get stored. 'Tis why people can have resurgence or allergic reactions from foods they haven't eaten in a very long time.

the thought that "most of it is stored in fat" is beyond far fetched.
    What what what what what what? I don't think I ever said that, and if I did I was drunk. There's a gigantic difference between "more of it gets incorporated into fat tissue and lays dormant" and "most of it is in fat". 90% of the body's Creatine is targeted for muscle tissue.
    Ellipses go here.