Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 143 of 545 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

  1. #1421
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    My purchasing ethos based purely upon whether something looks nice and/or has a cool name wins out again
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  2. ** DONATE to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Lounge   -   #1422
    Artemis's Avatar ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    h8rz


    Coincidentally, I brought them all into work today to do clever nerd stuff with that y'all probably wouldn't understand

    Oh I understand very clearly about the 'nerdy stuff' including sideloading the Fire to accept standard android apps without having to load a custom android image to it (which you can do as well) and also using StrongVPN or another VPN service to access the premium content offered on the Kindle Fire i.e. NetFlix a/c, Hulu a/c, Amazon 'Premium' a/c, I was just patiently explaining earlier that most of the fuckwits that have rushed out to buy the Kindle Fire here because it is a trendy buzz word are morons with too much money and exactly the kind of wankpots who will sit there going it's not working....
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-12-2012 at 12:43 PM.

    4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73


  4. Lounge   -   #1423
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    h8rz


    Coincidentally, I brought them all into work today to do clever nerd stuff with that y'all probably wouldn't understand
    Oh I understand very clearly about the 'nerdy stuff' including sideloading the Fire to accept standard android apps without having to load a custom android image to it (which you can do as well) and also using StrongVPN or another VPN service to access the premium content offered on the Kindle Fire i.e. NetFlix a/c, Hulu a/c, Amazon 'Premium' a/c, I was just patiently explaining earlier that most of the fuckwits that have rushed out to buy the Kindle Fire here because it is a trendy buzz word are morons with too much money and exactly the kind of wankpots who will sit there going it's not working....
    Honestly, I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to access the app store or other stuff when I bought it. I just thought; 'fuck, that's cheap and it looks cool'.
    My comments were, as usual, parodies. All three of you are comparative nerds :]

    After I made the purchase, I did some reading and discovered my future problems while I was waiting for it to arrive. It's really not too hard to root it and get onto the google marketplace. It's all working quite nicely now and I've transferred my books over, which is the main thing I'll use it for. I'm a bit worried about the battery life but I don't see it being too much of an issue since we seem to have mini-usb chargers dotted around in all seven corners of the house, what with their recent ubiquity.
    Doubt I'll watch any films on it - I've never used my other tablets or phones for such frippery. I don't see the point when I've got a television the size of a medium sized Romanian dwelling in my living room.

    Looks like it's gonna be good for dicking around on the internets and watching poor quality stolen live footie streams, though. Adobe is Amazon's friend, I hear.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  5. Lounge   -   #1424
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Doubt I'll watch any films on it - I've never used my other tablets or phones for such frippery. I don't see the point when I've got a television the size of a medium sized Romanian dwelling in my living room.
    That sounds positively tiny.

    Is that one of those small 50" TVs the hoi polloi buy?
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

    Mi signotaur > urs.

  6. Lounge   -   #1425
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Doubt I'll watch any films on it - I've never used my other tablets or phones for such frippery. I don't see the point when I've got a television the size of a medium sized Romanian dwelling in my living room.
    That sounds positively tiny.

    Is that one of those small 50" TVs the hoi polloi buy?
    No, it's a 43". I've put the 50" one up on the wall in a different room for x-bawks porpoises.

    One doesn't like to appear too ostentatious.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  7. Lounge   -   #1426
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    How quaint.

    On a Slightly more serious note, the parents have a 46" telly. Last weekend, as I visited I sat there thinking it was hella small, and that they should really pick up something better. Then I realised it's still enormous compared to what I had when I was at uni, and probably compared to what most people have, and indeed compared to the screens on my tablet and phone. It felt a bit surreal, somehow.

    Get a projector, and you too can experience the superiority complex that comes with watching stuff on 100"+, daily.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

    Mi signotaur > urs.

  8. Lounge   -   #1427
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    Anything below 720p can look a bit blurry, though.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

    Mi signotaur > urs.

  9. Lounge   -   #1428
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    How quaint.

    On a Slightly more serious note, the parents have a 46" telly. Last weekend, as I visited I sat there thinking it was hella small, and that they should really pick up something better. Then I realised it's still enormous compared to what I had when I was at uni, and probably compared to what most people have, and indeed compared to the screens on my tablet and phone. It felt a bit surreal, somehow.

    Get a projector, and you too can experience the superiority complex that comes with watching stuff on 100"+, daily.
    Fuck me, mate. I'm not made of krona like wot you are.

    I remember that The fashioned one from a real actual laboratory projector he nicked from school and posted pics.
    It put me off ever owning one. Might just have been the lack of any kind of wall facing or just the festering wank pile of wank that was The's room.

    Anyway, I've got too much 3D stuff to be thinking about projectors. I assume that would be a problem.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  10. Lounge   -   #1429
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    Mine has 3d-support

    It's one of these.


    I found it trickier to pick a screen than the projector itself. There are a lot of choices ranging from like 100 for 90" up to two or three times what the projector itself costs. And different choices of whites and greys with different gains and refractions, suitable for different lighting conditions.

    Could paint a wall as well, and use that, but the paint matters too.
    Last edited by ckrit; 04-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

    Mi signotaur > urs.

  11. Lounge   -   #1430
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    43,186
    The game just changed

    For some reason, I just assumed you wouldn't get 3D. idk why since I've watched films in the cinema in 3D.
    So basically you can just plug everything into the back of that which you would normally plug into your tellybox, rite?

    Do you have to put it on the ceiling?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •