Page 149 of 545 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    in other news, my interweb speed seems to have more than doubled

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #1482
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I was going to ask how long you were staring into an asshole while tracing that cut, but the thumbs are up... someone else is doing it?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #1483
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I was going to ask how long you were staring into an asshole while tracing that cut, but the thumbs are up... someone else is doing it?
    Got the idea and gewgled 'goatse hands'.
    I chose the ones which weren't renting asunder our deceased chum's butthole. And I think I was wise to do so.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #1484
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    in other news, my interweb speed seems to have more than doubled
    Mine did that a couple of months ago. Impressed, I was.

I've had loads of ideas for phoatieshawp pics to take the piss out of your alopecia, but the thing is, the one pic you posted is a bit shite.
    Could you maybe take a pic with your phone and upload it ftw?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #1485
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    The fuck is all that? If I wanted faster internet, I have to go out and buy it. I don't just sit around and notice one day my bandwidth increased.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Lounge   -   #1486
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Myself and Boatse live in coal-mining/semi-rural parts of the UK and we simply cannot purchase faster internets.
    We have to wait for people to upgrade our telephone exchanges before magical speeds can occur.

7. Lounge   -   #1487
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Myself and Boatse live in coal-mining/semi-rural parts of the UK and we simply cannot purchase faster internets.
    We have to wait for people to upgrade our telephone exchanges before magical speeds can occur.
    speak for yourself, welshist, I could get 100mb internets here if it wasn't so expensive

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #1488
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Yeah. I didn't really understand a lot of the jargon there. Except to say that a frame is technically a border
    Lens shift and keystone correction are ways to alter the image so that the proportions look correct, even though the projector isn't exactly centered, like.

Illustrated, here.

Lens shift is mechanical, which is to say that the lens is physically adjusted to make it look right.

(Digital) Keystone does something similar, but instead of changing the angle and focus of the lens, it uses software to change the image which is to be projected. Lens shift is always better since it just sets the lens and then works passively rather than having to devote processing power to converting the image. Keystone may also distort the edges of the image noticeably depending on how good it is implemented, and how extreme the angles are. With both in combination you do get a lot of leeway on how to place the projector, though.

In my case I watch a lot of stuff through my computer as well, still through hdmi, and could in theory have the graphics card do the keystoning. Haven't tried it, however.

Lumen is a measurement of light. More lumens are brighter.

edit: Technically, I think you can also call what I call lens shift Optical keystone correction, and what I call Keystone Digital keystone correction. Idrk what's more correct. http://htrgroup.com/main.php?section=keystone
    Last edited by ckrit; 04-13-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

9. Lounge   -   #1489
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    Yeah. I didn't really understand a lot of the jargon there. Except to say that a frame is technically a border
    Lens shift and keystone correction are ways to alter the image so that the proportions look correct, even though the projector isn't exactly centered, like.

Illustrated, here.

Lens shift is mechanical, which is to say that the lens is physically adjusted to make it look right.

(Digital) Keystone does something similar, but instead of changing the angle and focus of the lens, it uses software to change the image which is to be projected. Lens shift is always better since it just sets the lens and then works passively rather than having to devote processing power to converting the image. Keystone may also distort the edges of the image noticeably depending on how good it is implemented, and how extreme the angles are. With both in combination you do get a lot of leeway on how to place the projector, though.

In my case I watch a lot of stuff through my computer as well, still through hdmi, and could in theory have the graphics card do the keystoning. Haven't tried it, however.

Lumen is a measurement of light. More lumens are brighter.

edit: Technically, I think you can also call what I call lens shift Optical keystone correction, and what I call Keystone Digital keystone correction. Idrk what's more correct. http://htrgroup.com/main.php?section=keystone
    So basically like digital zoom and regular zoom on a camera. Except different.

Cheers

10. Lounge   -   #1490
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    In a way.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.