Page 217 of 545 FirstFirst ... 117167207214215216217218219220227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Voice activated anything can never understand me.
    Racists
    "Play Muse"
    "Music is already playing"
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #2162
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Voice activated anything can never understand me.
    Racists
    Just get on your stool and stand closer to the microphone.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #2163
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Wireless charging. Interesting...
    Oscillating magnetic fields. The motion of a magnetic field generates current, how any turbine or rotating part generator "creates" electricity. Since magnetic fields are already over the air, they're just using a technique to utilize it at further distances and on a smaller scale. Personally I think it could potentially pose more health hazards then we currently credit to Rf radiation. I would like to establish that I personally don't care about health risks though.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #2164
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Wireless charging. Interesting...
    Oscillating magnetic fields. The motion of a magnetic field generates current, how any turbine or rotating part generator "creates" electricity. Since magnetic fields are already over the air, they're just using a technique to utilize it at further distances and on a smaller scale. Personally I think it could potentially pose more health hazards then we currently credit to Rf radiation. I would like to establish that I personally don't care about health risks though.
    The population in general sat 3-4' away from rather large magnetic coils for extended periods of time for over 15 years (some still do) without a prodigious increase in aneurisms, tumors, embolisms and heads exploding yet when cellphones came along we were all going to die of brain cancer? An anomaly I always found strange.
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-04-2012 at 04:39 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #2165

6. Lounge   -   #2166
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

The population in general sat 3-4' away from rather large magnetic coils for extended periods of time for over 15 years (some still do) without a prodigious increase in aneurisms, tumors, embolisms and heads exploding yet when cellphones came along we were all going to die of brain cancer? An anomaly I always found strange.
    Here's the deal. The amount of energy from electromagnetic radiation that's emitted from nearly everywhere (cellular phones, wifi, bluetooth, byproduct of electronics, etc.) is still pretty low. It's much higher in say, an X-ray machine, and you know a couple of cells are going to go cancerous with continued exposure to that.

Magnetic fields emanate from any source carrying current, and it's proportional to the strength of that current (amperes), but inversely proportional to distance. However, I imagine the strength of the magnetic field being created with a purpose to charge electronics from a distance would be much higher than what we're currently exposed to these days. If the field is as weak as we're used to (in terms of everyday exposure), then it would generate too weak a current to be useful. I have a general idea of how this works in theory, but since I haven't really looked into the specific implementation of this technology, I could be speaking straight out of my ass. I just don't know.

7. Lounge   -   #2167
    I'm going on break, my pages aren't loading successfully, they're getting hung up on images or something. I don't even know if this will post, fuck it all.

8. Lounge   -   #2168
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #2169
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Here's the deal. The amount of energy from electromagnetic radiation that's emitted from nearly everywhere (cellular phones, wifi, bluetooth, byproduct of electronics, etc.) is still pretty low. It's much higher in say, an X-ray machine, and you know a couple of cells are going to go cancerous with continued exposure to that.

Magnetic fields emanate from any source carrying current, and it's proportional to the strength of that current (amperes), but inversely proportional to distance. However, I imagine the strength of the magnetic field being created with a purpose to charge electronics from a distance would be much higher than what we're currently exposed to these days. If the field is as weak as we're used to (in terms of everyday exposure), then it would generate too weak a current to be useful. I have a general idea of how this works in theory, but since I haven't really looked into the specific implementation of this technology, I could be speaking straight out of my ass. I just don't know.
    I was actually talking about the C.R.T. monitors we used to sit in front of, that was a rather large electomagnet sitting on average only 3 feet away from us for the average office worker for on average 4 hour stints 2 times a day 5-6 days a week, and then when they got home, just for something different they would sit in front of another big electromagnet for a few hours. I was comparing the amount of radiation we were exposing ourselves to quite happily without a murmur from anyone really and then all of a sudden with wireless phones both cordless home and cellular, we are all going to have brain tumors the size of ducks eggs. With the amount of shielding in modern products and the drops in energy usage we are seeing all the time the risk is being minimised each half year of development, devices these days that use alot of power are poor sellers and fail in the market.
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-04-2012 at 12:51 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #2170
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You know arty, you're absolutely right. You do kill threads on a regular basis.

Well I'm not letting you kill this one, you little minx. No Sirree