Page 38 of 545 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'm pretty sure we live in a free market economy... undercut away

2. Lounge   -   #372
    Sounds like adult stuff.ill look around the room now till there's a topic I can jump in on.

3. Lounge   -   #373
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I'm pretty sure we live in a free market economy... undercut away

I think I'll probably wait to see what Ben says. He's got an interesting moral code.
    And then I'll listen to you because he's just a hippy.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #374
    I've been to the pub. <---------------------------moral disclaimer.

5. Lounge   -   #375
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Going to the Harvester for Sunday lunch with missus Barbie and the 2.4 children doesn't constitute going to the pub.
    Even if you were allowed to have half a lager and lime.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #376
    No no no somebody at work is leaving, they felt the need to celebrate. It's monday, by the way.

I've had 3 points. Pints, even. Don't tell Mrs Barbie. Also .4 of a kid is a bit weird, like, but it makes nappy changes easier.

7. Lounge   -   #377
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Does anyone think it's unethical for me to try to undercut this accountant? I'd hate it if a different firm got a foot in the door with one of my clients and did that to me.
    Do you know the accountant. If not, then do it. I just got back from undercutting a rival tree surgery firm. Their prices are fixed, and I know them, so I knocked £50-£100 of the price they would charge for each tree-fell.
    Now go away.

8. Lounge   -   #378
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Does anyone think it's unethical for me to try to undercut this accountant? I'd hate it if a different firm got a foot in the door with one of my clients and did that to me.
    Do you know the accountant. If not, then do it. I just got back from undercutting a rival tree surgery firm. Their prices are fixed, and I know them, so I knocked £50-£100 of the price they would charge for each tree-fell.
    Bugger me. How much does it cost to cut a tree down
    At least £101, one would assume. Thank jebus I don't have any errant trees.

Anyhow, thanks for that, Ben. I definitely will give the undercutting a go based on yours and barbie's stolid advice.

In other, slightly related news, I've just come off the phone to a mortgage advisor who told me I don't have people skills.
    A fecking mortgage advisor.

He was being quite nice about it and packaged it with a back-handed compliment about my being an academic obviously precluding such an eventuality but I'm quite taken aback.
    I didn't know that I was an academic, btw. Perhaps I'm not and I do have, in actual fact, mad people skillz. Maybe I should just stop lending credence to the words of mortgage advisors.

9. Lounge   -   #379
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    No no no somebody at work is leaving, they felt the need to celebrate. It's monday, by the way.

I've had 3 points. Pints, even. Don't tell Mrs Barbie. Also .4 of a kid is a bit weird, like, but it makes nappy changes easier.
    You're simply going to have to back this up with pics. I refuse to believe it.
    I've just found out that it costs an obscene amount to cut trees down and I'm not sure if I'm an academic and therefore pish with people.

I remain unconvinced of my ability to process any more shocks today.

10. Lounge   -   #380
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If you can't show her that you are willing to be underhanded and devious in nature, how is she going to rely on you to cook her books when she really needs you?

Aren't they teaching ethics in Accounting school these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.