Page 506 of 545 FirstFirst ... 6406456496503504505506507508509516 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    ..... I'm wondering if it's worth the additional time to travel to Banff.

Never been to Glacier but as,at least on paper, the two Parks seem to be quite similar I would say no.

Or if on the other hand may prescribed to the Emerson's adage that "Life is a journey,not a destination" in which case ,knock yourself out.
    We're thinking of doing Yoho as well now so I'm guessing we'll end up doing it a making some kind of loop. I see that Calgary is right there as well. Anything worth seeing there? I'll be looking up all these places further but, just asking.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #5052
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Any of you Canadians been to Banff National Park? On my annual 2 week road trip I'll be going to Glacier National Park in Montana, but I'm wondering if it's worth the additional time to travel to Banff.
    I'm planning to visit Aleutian Islands sometime. I found out that the indigenous population, the Unangans, still living in caves, which I find quite interesting.
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

3. Lounge   -   #5053
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    still living in caves, which I find quite interesting.
    Nostalgia is funny like that.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #5054
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    We're thinking of doing Yoho as well now so I'm guessing we'll end up doing it a making some kind of loop. I see that Calgary is right there as well. Anything worth seeing there? I'll be looking up all these places further but, just asking.
    When are you planning on visiting? If in the winter then staying indoors and trying not to freeze to death would probably be the prime attraction.

There's an Olympic Park were you can take a boblsled run with a pro which would be majorly,once in a lifetime cool and also majorly expensive.

In the summer there's a World Heritage dinosaur park not too far away where the landscape is sort of otherworldly like around Grand Junction in Colorado if flatter.

There's also a lot of cowboy-type stuff to do and cowboy type food to eat so an ex-pat Texan like you would probably feel right at home if you ignore the accents.

I'd be happy to suggest stuff but to most people the Prairies are just a place to pass through on their way to BC so my hands-on knowledge is extremely limited.You'd probably be far better served Goggling or contacting their tourism board.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #5055
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post

I'm planning to visit Aleutian Islands sometime. I found out that the indigenous population, the Unangans, still living in caves, which I find quite interesting.
    I'm assuming because you see it as such a mid boggling evolutionary step up from under a rock.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #5056
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    When are you planning on visiting? If in the winter then staying indoors and trying not to freeze to death would probably be the prime attraction.

There's an Olympic Park were you can take a boblsled run with a pro which would be majorly,once in a lifetime cool and also majorly expensive.

In the summer there's a World Heritage dinosaur park not too far away where the landscape is sort of otherworldly like around Grand Junction in Colorado if flatter.

There's also a lot of cowboy-type stuff to do and cowboy type food to eat so an ex-pat Texan like you would probably feel right at home if you ignore the accents.

I'd be happy to suggest stuff but to most people the Prairies are just a place to pass through on their way to BC so my hands-on knowledge is extremely limited.You'd probably be far better served Goggling or contacting their tourism board.
    Thanks for that. Annual road trip is in August. The plan is to camp everywhere unless circumstances don't allow.

If we were there in the winter, that bobsled ride looks pretty orsum, but $170? I bet they don't go top speed either, for safety and such.

If I remember, I'll try to give a list of things we'll do as the time gets a bit closer.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #5057
    All I got was that idol told skiz to go to Colorado, where he's supposedly already been.

8. Lounge   -   #5058
    Can't beat Vancouver and Whistler

9. Lounge   -   #5059
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezart View Post
    Can't beat Vancouver and Whistler
    That's an 11 hour drive from Calgary.

Those are places we'll visit when we do the Northwest. At some point in the next couple of years we'd like to head for Yosemite, then head north through the Pacific NW and up into Vancouver and surrounding areas. Trying to convince the missus that a drive all the way to Denali NP is worth it, but we'll need at least 3 weeks to make it worth it.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #5060
    That's an 11 hour drive
    That's fucking nothing.