Page 150 of 545 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Myself and Boatse live in coal-mining/semi-rural parts of the UK and we simply cannot purchase faster internets.
    We have to wait for people to upgrade our telephone exchanges before magical speeds can occur.
    speak for yourself, welshist, I could get 100mb internets here if it wasn't so expensive
    orly. I've recently gone from 4mb to 10mb cus of an exchange upgrade, and it rawks.
    I didn't actually realise that you are posher than me
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #1492
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2

speak for yourself, welshist, I could get 100mb internets here if it wasn't so expensive
    orly. I've recently gone from 4mb to 10mb cus of an exchange upgrade, and it rawks.
    I didn't actually realise that you are posher than me
    I went from 10mb to 20mb cause virgin are upgrading everyone, like.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #1493
    I get 2.4MB/s download speed now, like, it used to be 1.1MB/s

edit: even tho' speedtest.net says i'm on 13mb internets, and not 20.
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 04-13-2012 at 11:37 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #1494
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You got some download limits there with Virgin though?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #1495
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    If you're wondering how much work it is, I can tell you that the lens shift/optical keystone correction was very easy to grasp. Just a slider, pretty much. Same goes for zoom and focus. Setting up the (digital) keystone took slightly more effort. But we're not even talking minutes here. Tweaked stuff a fair bit to get everything just right, however.

I spent considerably more time mounting the projector on the wall and putting the screen up.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

6. Lounge   -   #1496
    It may have changed since the upgrade but it was something like download more than 1.3 gig between 6pm and midnight and they MIGHT slow your interweb down for a few hours.

7. Lounge   -   #1497
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post
    If you're wondering how much work it is, I can tell you that the lens shift/optical keystone correction was very easy to grasp. Just a slider, pretty much. Same goes for zoom and focus. Setting up the (digital) keystone took slightly more effort. But we're not even talking minutes here. Tweaked stuff a fair bit to get everything just right, however.

I spent considerably more time mounting the projector on the wall and putting the screen up.
    I was thinking that the digital keystone sounded hard as soon as you said about the graphics card. I don't tend to tinker with that kind of thing, but I reckon I'd be oka with the lens stuff.

I think I'd use the wall as a screen since it's recently plastered and white. But I might get a border to put around it anyhow since it looked kinda nice.

Saying that, I'm not going to be doing anything for a while. I mentioned it last night and the missus reckons there's nothing wrong with the 6 month old tellybox we have and that we could go on holiday abroad for a week with what it would cost.
    Which is technically true but spending a week being a responsible parent and getting sunburned < watching a big telly on the wall forevar

8. Lounge   -   #1498
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It may have changed since the upgrade but it was something like download more than 1.3 gig between 6pm and midnight and they MIGHT slow your interweb down for a few hours.
    Doesn't sound too bad. I've never noticed any limitations and I do tend to steal a lot.
    But it's always been so (comparatively) slow anyhow that they probably felt sorry for us

9. Lounge   -   #1499
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrit View Post

I was thinking that the digital keystone sounded hard as soon as you said about the graphics card. I don't tend to tinker with that kind of thing, but I reckon I'd be oka with the lens stuff.

I think I'd use the wall as a screen since it's recently plastered and white. But I might get a border to put around it anyhow since it looked kinda nice.

Saying that, I'm not going to be doing anything for a while. I mentioned it last night and the missus reckons there's nothing wrong with the 6 month old tellybox we have and that we could go on holiday abroad for a week with what it would cost.
    Which is technically true but spending a week being a responsible parent and getting sunburned < watching a big telly on the wall forevar
    ewe think that's bad? the wench thought 37" was too big for a tellybox in the front room

still, at least she'd prefer me to spend my money on tellyboxes and projectors than taking her abroad, cause she fucking hates forrins.

10. Lounge   -   #1500
    Doesn't sound too bad. I've never noticed any limitations and I do tend to steal a lot.
    But it's always been so (comparatively) slow anyhow that they probably felt sorry for us
    mine always (well, up until the upgrade, haven't had chance to test it out properly yet) runs at fulll speed, 24/7.