Page 227 of 545 FirstFirst ... 127177217224225226227228229230237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    gtfooh, merkin
    All of a sudden there's a gtfooh in it for me. You see, you can't actually use 'an gtfooh' in this case because whether you sound out the word or the abbreviation, they both start with a consonant.

Obviously.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #2262
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    he hung up when I asked (after 15 minutes of supposedly doing what he told me to) if it mattered that I was using a mac and didn't have the internet.
    I wish you said iPad.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Lounge   -   #2263

All of a sudden there's a gtfooh in it for me. You see, you can't actually use 'an gtfooh' in this case because whether you sound out the word or the abbreviation, they both start with a consonant.

Obviously.

4. Lounge   -   #2264
    manker's Avatar effendi

Obviously.

One of my earliest memories involves grammar, I asked a teacher why I needed to append the indefinite article but not the definite article (exceot in six year old speak). She told me that it was because we say 'thee' instead of 'the' when it precedes 'owl' (we were talking about owls).

It sounded like complete pish at the time but it's stayed with me and just recently it's started to sound right
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #2265
    I just went downstairs to get more coffee and as I arrived at the bottom of the stairs I heard David Tomlinson singing "A British Bank" from Mary Poppins, and I immediately pictured you manker. It all rings true, professionally involved in finance, has an obsession with language and words being correct. I bet you even look like him? Dontcha?

George_Banks.jpg

6. Lounge   -   #2266
    You're making me feel like a 6-year-old again, Mary.
    I'm constantly explaining indefinite and definite articles for the sake of my Asian colleagues' success at writing.

7. Lounge   -   #2267
    Quote Originally Posted by Oresteia View Post
    I just went downstairs to get more coffee and as I arrived at the bottom of the stairs I heard David Tomlinson singing "A British Bank" from Mary Poppins, and I immediately pictured you manker. It all rings true, professionally involved in finance, has an obsession with language and words being correct. I bet you even look like him? Dontcha?

George_Banks.jpg
    You remember when I said "redundant" in that confusing post, here's the context.

8. Lounge   -   #2268
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I only included the people who replied to my original 'fuck's sake, everyone's fucking fucked off' post

If it makes you feel any better, I'll pick on your grammar; it surely should be 'an MBM'.
    Nope, both 'a' and 'an' are acceptable in written form in this case since MBM is actually short for something.
    Yeah... Take that grammar bully!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #2269
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Nope, both 'a' and 'an' are acceptable in written form in this case since MBM is actually short for something.
    Yeah... Take that grammar bully!!!
    Don't tell Mary I told you this because she gets terribly persnickerty when I pick her up on things. I tried to deflect her ire earlier and I think it's worked so mum's the word. Okay? Okay.
    Basically because you were talking about how I refer to you on the internets, it's only the acronym which is relevant since I never call you aught else.

And also, how was your holiday? Plz post some pics or do something else.

10. Lounge   -   #2270
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Oresteia View Post

George_Banks.jpg
    I've never seen Mary Poppins but the description rings true altho' the aesthetics are a little off.
    I've been told on a number of occasions that I look like Anthony Caleb Followill, so you can picture him when you're knocking one out to one of my posts later.

I'm fine with possessing a touch of wordular ocd, btw, altho' I do tend to ham it up a little.