Page 228 of 545 FirstFirst ... 128178218225226227228229230231238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Has James Cameron always been insane and I just didn't notice it before?
    I’m in the ‘Avatar’ business. Period. That’s it. I’m making ‘Avatar 2,’ ‘Avatar 3,’ maybe ‘Avatar 4,’ and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them. I’m not interested in taking scripts. And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the ‘Avatar’ landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it.
    http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...o-productions/
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #2272
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    At least he's not in the titanic business.

3. Lounge   -   #2273
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Yeah... Take that grammar bully!!!
    Don't tell Mary I told you this because she gets terribly persnickerty when I pick her up on things. I tried to deflect her ire earlier and I think it's worked so mum's the word. Okay? Okay.
    Basically because you were talking about how I refer to you on the internets, it's only the acronym which is relevant since I never call you aught else.

And also, how was your holiday? Plz post some pics or do something else.
    P.S. MBM isn't an acronym. Well, it would take a very talented Welshman to convert it so, but I'm not feeling hopeful.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #2274
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

Nope, both 'a' and 'an' are acceptable in written form in this case since MBM is actually short for something.
    Yeah... Take that grammar bully!!!
    He's more of a grammar curmudgeon.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #2275
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1

6. Lounge   -   #2276
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Why do I suspect if everyone on the planet was asked which country this occurred in, the correct answer would be unanimous?
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-08-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: was/were/was ermm
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #2277
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Don't tell Mary I told you this because she gets terribly persnickerty when I pick her up on things. I tried to deflect her ire earlier and I think it's worked so mum's the word. Okay? Okay.
    Basically because you were talking about how I refer to you on the internets, it's only the acronym which is relevant since I never call you aught else.

And also, how was your holiday? Plz post some pics or do something else.
    P.S. MBM isn't an acronym. Well, it would take a very talented Welshman to convert it so, but I'm not feeling hopeful.
    Well, now. What retort is left now you've already negated my presupposed 'we don't use vowels in Wales so nerr'.

Je suis stumped.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #2278
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Why do I suspect if everyone on the planet was asked which country this occurred in, the correct answer would be unanimous?
    Maybe it's the big American flag in the background. Just guessing...

yo

9. Lounge   -   #2279
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Has James Cameron always been insane and I just didn't notice it before?
    I’m in the ‘Avatar’ business. Period. That’s it. I’m making ‘Avatar 2,’ ‘Avatar 3,’ maybe ‘Avatar 4,’ and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them. I’m not interested in taking scripts. And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the ‘Avatar’ landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it.
    http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...o-productions/
    And he's moving here to do it Weta Digital (a Weta is a huge New Zealand insect like a grasshopper on 'roids) and James Cameron are collaborating on the first project with the second projected as we speak. He has already purchased two farms here totalling over 1,000 hectares including the largest private lake in New Zealand and will be moving here. It was Weta and James Cameron which designed the totally new kind of 3D cameras and image processing systems which made Avatar such a success. But Avatar 4....
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-08-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: speeling

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Lounge   -   #2280
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    At least he's not in the titanic business.
    He just came back from a 3 month expedition to the Titanic as part of National Geographic's 100 years since the ship sank and is considered an expert on the ship, so much so that he is an explorer in residence with National Geographic for his work on the Titanic so after twenty years, yeah he's been in the Titanic business too, a bit.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73