Page 274 of 545 FirstFirst ... 174224264271272273274275276277284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Dave Dowell is not defined yet
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #2732
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    That is one thing I've noticed from the very start. Nobody says, "Oh, your son looks just lyke you..." when your son has Down's. They'll say it every thyme about my daughter. Even though there's an apparent resemblance in both of them.

Racists. All of 'em.
    These are just a few of the reasons you need to hang out with more black people.
    Joking aside, I have had other good experiences with black people. This area does not welcome them too warmly. The fact is, 95+% of us are white. Gang problems? Nope, we got annual want-to-be, but were "unfortunately" born white crowds of sub 70 IQ pts teens who have either seen black men on television, or perhaps one driving by in a car, so those seem like good things to emulate, right?

The biggest hurdle I've faced in developing casual relationships with "them" is that so many others have come before me, and made complete fuckups of themselves. The ones I encounter, and hit it off well have a basic level of me being myself. I'm not interested in being black, or learning hip new words. I just want to talk and see how they did stuff in their lives. Where they are going, and how soon they will be out on parole...

I would hang out with more black people if I could. Another problem with being black here is that there really is NO black culture. The makeup of the city almost requires assimilation.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #2733
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3

These are just a few of the reasons you need to hang out with more black people.
    Joking aside, I have had other good experiences with black people. This area does not welcome them too warmly. The fact is, 95+% of us are white. Gang problems? Nope, we got annual want-to-be, but were "unfortunately" born white crowds of sub 70 IQ pts teens who have either seen black men on television, or perhaps one driving by in a car, so those seem like good things to emulate, right?

The biggest hurdle I've faced in developing casual relationships with "them" is that so many others have come before me, and made complete fuckups of themselves. The ones I encounter, and hit it off well have a basic level of me being myself. I'm not interested in being black, or learning hip new words. I just want to talk and see how they did stuff in their lives. Where they are going, and how soon they will be out on parole...

I would hang out with more black people if I could. Another problem with being black here is that there really is NO black culture. The makeup of the city almost requires assimilation.
    I actually find the us and them concept quite foreign to be honest, maybe it is simply that our culture is far more integrated, I hope so at least, but Maori and Pacific Islanders live in the same neighborhoods, shop at the same shops, have a vital political say. It isn't all egalitarian, they have a higher level of unemployment but this is reducing and with Iwi (tribal) based corporations based on Waitangi reparations there is more self determination. There are many customary rights like fishing which exempt Maori from licensing which others need so there is a very much a dual or mixed culture in New Zealand. It took along political struggle for this to come about, but at least this was a bloodless one in this country, and most of the major Waitangi treaty claims by the Iwi have been settled by the government(s).
    There isn't a weirdness in talking to someone from another race here, the largest Polynesian city in the world is Auckland, our largest city, so there is a melting pot, but a friendly one, for instance, our business partners include a German Samoan, a Tongan and a Maori, none of them have bones through their noses or have tried to spear us yet.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Lounge   -   #2734
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Dave Dowell is not defined yet
    This is what confuses me. Does nobody on here contribute to urban dictionary?

You heard Dave, I'm apparently too busy with his "hate site".
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #2735

This is what confuses me. Does nobody on here contribute to urban dictionary?

You heard Dave, I'm apparently too busy with his "hate site".
    No I don't contribute, but I love reading the definitions.

* salty pirate is still my favorite

6. Lounge   -   #2736
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I actually find the us and them concept quite foreign to be honest, maybe it is simply that our culture is far more integrated, I hope so at least, but Maori and Pacific Islanders live in the same neighborhoods, shop at the same shops, have a vital political say. It isn't all egalitarian, they have a higher level of unemployment but this is reducing and with Iwi (tribal) based corporations based on Waitangi reparations there is more self determination. There are many customary rights like fishing which exempt Maori from licensing which others need so there is a very much a dual or mixed culture in New Zealand. It took along political struggle for this to come about, but at least this was a bloodless one in this country, and most of the major Waitangi treaty claims by the Iwi have been settled by the government(s).
    There isn't a weirdness in talking to someone from another race here, the largest Polynesian city in the world is Auckland, our largest city, so there is a melting pot, but a friendly one, for instance, our business partners include a German Samoan, a Tongan and a Maori, none of them have bones through their noses or have tried to spear us yet.
    It's both a patch work and a blend here in the U.S., with all ethnicities. You have blended neighborhoods as well as segregated communities. With primary/secondary school, you have blended cliques and segregrated cliques. With undergraduate college you have mostly blended. With graduate college you have blended labs, but the international student tend to stay among each other in the larger labs (e.g. Chinese, Indian). It's extremely dichotomous like that, and people here need to be aware of both. Of course, these vary wildly geographically since the U.S. is not a uniform nation (except maybe with obesity and intelligence, almost uniformly above and below average worldwide, respectively). We have racists, pretenders, and non racists. Everything pretty much needs to be judged on the context.

That's an overview of race relations in the U.S. You can easily code switch from making no distinction to a very stark one, it just depends on what's on your plate at the time.

7. Lounge   -   #2737
    Getting countless games on my jailbreak for free And personalizing my OS to the way I like it

8. Lounge   -   #2738
    Fuck now I'm an old silverhaired cunt like the rest of you codgers
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-29-2012 at 07:04 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #2739
    I could get manker to delete some of my more pointless posts I suppose, the arguments with that spastic TTS leap to mind for a start, then I could be all young and beautiful and golden haired again, not an old fart like youse lot.

10. Lounge   -   #2740
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    like youse lot.
    I don't know why, but I now confuse quite a few words in all of your posts as "horse". It ends up forcing me to reread them a couple of times since it's hard to get horse out of my head.

I really don't know why that is...