Page 392 of 545 FirstFirst ... 292342382389390391392393394395402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Hoi, Bo. You're the only person I can think of who could explain what 'torque' is while not making me fall asleep.
    What's torque?

I'd ask chavois, I bet he could explain the fuck out of it, but I found out yesterday that he doesn't drive so prolly wouldn't know plus is approximately 43% less of a man that I had assumed.
    What a waste
    I do it as a humanitarian gesture. I should have a non-driving license. And an award for not killing people with two tons of metal and glass.

2. Lounge   -   #3912
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    You just know you are going to pass out from lack of interest part way through the explanation, right about the point when you realise that torque is measured in NM or Newton Metres, so why bother your fuzzy little mind?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #3913
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    You just know you are going to pass out from lack of interest part way through the explanation, right about the point when you realise that torque is measured in NM or Newton Metres, so why bother your fuzzy little mind?
    Obviously I could google and spend 15 minutes reading to find out exactly what it is. I'm sure my fuzzy little mind could cope with basic physics.

But Bo won't bother with all that. He'll give me a five word, max, explanation.
    It's why I asked him.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #3914
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Hoi, Bo. You're the only person I can think of who could explain what 'torque' is while not making me fall asleep.
    What's torque?

I'd ask chavois, I bet he could explain the fuck out of it, but I found out yesterday that he doesn't drive so prolly wouldn't know plus is approximately 43% less of a man that I had assumed.
    What a waste
    I do it as a humanitarian gesture. I should have a non-driving license. And an award for not killing people with two tons of metal and glass.
    Never say never, mate.
    There might come a time when your tribe has moved out that you'll hanker after a Nissan Micra so that you can spend hours looking at a lake or whatever.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #3915
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

Never say never, mate.
    There might come a time when your tribe has moved out that you'll hanker after a Nissan Micra so that you can spend hours looking at a lake or whatever.
    Had five lessons about two years ago, innit. It interfered with me getting wopped and I didn't like it anyway. The only reason I would ever do it would be to slap it up the missus and make a big fuck off deal out of it. It'll never happen. I promise you.

I'm waiting on my train-fare rebate and I'm gonna buy an island with no roads.

6. Lounge   -   #3916
    Pub open. Offski. Gonna sidle up beside some gin-soaked degenerate and give him my life story. He's gonna love it, whoever he is.

Sayonara, suckers.

7. Lounge   -   #3917
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    torque is turning force, innit.

how hard it turns, like.

8. Lounge   -   #3918
    manker's Avatar effendi
    That would be fantastic. You don't need a license to drive a boat and you can do it wopped without compunction.
    And also; fishing. I'll commission someone that's good with bricks to build me a summer residence there in return for wiring the island up to internets and killing the indigenes.

9. Lounge   -   #3919
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Manker - I am disappointed you didn't come to me. You seem to have no confidence in my skills.

Torque is the force exerted on an object that rotates. So if your car sends energy to the wheels, then the force acting upon the wheels to make them rotate is the torque (kind of). The magnitude of the torque depends on two things: 1. the length of the object conducing the force and 2. the amount of the force exerted. Example: I am using an allan key to secure a bolt. The allan key is 10 cm long. The force I am exerting on the allan key is 1 Newton. The torque will then be 0.10m x 1N = 0.1Nm.

Obviously, it is slightly more complex than that, but I don't want to blow your little accountant mind.

10. Lounge   -   #3920
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    torque is turning force, innit.

how hard it turns, like.
    ^ I think you'll find that's what I said
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 08-09-2012 at 10:37 AM.