Page 520 of 545 FirstFirst ... 20420470510517518519520521522523530 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    Been to a few flat viewings with the misses lyke, its fucking extortionate to live near to where we work! Rent on 1 bedroom flat is £675 on average! And they all want close to 2k to even get through the door for the first month after deposits, rent, agency/reference fees etc
    I'm assuming that's per month.

I pay around £500 a month for a two room (bedroom, living room, bathroom, hallway, kitchen and small walk-in closet) apartment and that also includes two storage spaces in the basement. Takes me less than ten minutes to get to work and the center of the city from there by bike or board. All I paid the first month was the rent.

Perk of living in a smaller city, I guess.

Still, there's two of you to begin with, so you'll pay less per person, after the first month.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-03-2014 at 05:30 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #5192
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Mulder, you're in London iirc? I don't know squat about housing there but it's a pricey place to live right?

The g/f and I moved to Colorado a year ago and we're renting here since we'll only live here a few years. We pay $1300/month for a 2/2 and I'm renting my place in Austin for a little less than that.

What sort of square footage (meters?) are you getting for that?

yo

3. Lounge   -   #5193
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Mulder, you're in London iirc? I don't know squat about housing there but it's a pricey place to live right?

The g/f and I moved to Colorado a year ago and we're renting here since we'll only live here a few years. We pay $1300/month for a 2/2 and I'm renting my place in Austin for a little less than that.

Not London, as far south from it as you can go without getting wet but the city here is just as expensive as London, plus it’s a busy seaside/tourist place and London’s an hour away. For the monies i mentioned above you get two rooms that are the same size, 1 a double bedroom and 1 a living room (not sure on the meters) but very average size for UK. A tiny kitchen and an ok sized bathroom and a little patio. It’s a 10 minute walk from work and the seafront which is kewl, but so expensive for what it is, all because of its location

4. Lounge   -   #5194
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Been to a few flat viewings with the misses lyke, its fucking extortionate to live near to where we work! Rent on 1 bedroom flat is £675 on average! And they all want close to 2k to even get through the door for the first month after deposits, rent, agency/reference fees etc
    I'm assuming that's per month.

I pay around £500 a month for a two room (bedroom, living room, bathroom, hallway, kitchen and small walk-in closet) apartment and that also includes two storage spaces in the basement. Takes me less than ten minutes to get to work and the center of the city from there by bike or board. All I paid the first month was the rent.

Perk of living in a smaller city, I guess.

Still, there's two of you to begin with, so you'll pay less per person, after the first month.
    I'll be paying everything, she only works part time

5. Lounge   -   #5195

Not London, as far south from it as you can go without getting wet but the city here is just as expensive as London, plus it’s a busy seaside/tourist place and London’s an hour away. For the monies i mentioned above you get two rooms that are the same size, 1 a double bedroom and 1 a living room (not sure on the meters) but very average size for UK. A tiny kitchen and an ok sized bathroom and a little patio. It’s a 10 minute walk from work and the seafront which is kewl, but so expensive for what it is, all because of its location
    Patio (I don't have one. Racists )

I do have a balcony, but I use it for storing bikes, mostly.

6. Lounge   -   #5196
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1

Wouldn't have been easier to told us you're Eastbourner?
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

7. Lounge   -   #5197
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People are stupid and evil. http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/09...0-square-feet/
    In comparative terms that's like the size of 2 parking spaces.

The really horrible thing is that in Canada almost all new condos in desirable locations/buildings are scooped up by "investors" who then attempt to flip them to the people in actual need of them for a profit.
    Thus the price of real estate is continually artificially inflated (like most commodities) and everyone loses except the top 5% of society and the government who both don't really need the extra money anyway.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Lounge   -   #5198
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post

Wouldn't have been easier to told us you're Eastbourner?
    You've yet to tell us you're a grade A faggot, instead only giving hints? So i suppose its the same sort of thing?

9. Lounge   -   #5199
    Does he really need to tell us that, when using that avatard, though?

10. Lounge   -   #5200
    he probably thinks its some sort of rapper.