Page 394 of 545 FirstFirst ... 294344384391392393394395396397404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well yes, because imagine if your car was made of paper, if the wind was strong enough it would blow it along unless you countered it with another force blocking the rotational force exerted on the wheels.

2. Lounge   -   #3932
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Thank fuck I bought an office chair with zero torque.
    Typing this post would be a nightmare.

In related news; Surprisingly, I now completely understand the torque/Mazda conundrum.
    Cheers, Skweeks :]
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3933
    Hooray!

4. Lounge   -   #3934
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What is a bit weird though is that I thought the Mazda RX8 I drove had fantastic acceleration.
    But whatever. I guess it was all smoke and mirrors because of the screeching and preconceptions I had.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #3935
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Well I don't really get it at all, but I don't want to press the point for fear this thread would become as dull as the bike thread

6. Lounge   -   #3936
    Poor Barbie
    At least you have your phoatieshop talents to fall back on.

7. Lounge   -   #3937
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    What is a bit weird though is that I thought the Mazda RX8 I drove had fantastic acceleration.
    But whatever. I guess it was all smoke and mirrors because of the screeching and preconceptions I had.
    I don't think it's about how effective it is at accelerating, it's more about how agressively it does it. Like, you know when you put your foot down and you feel this moment of pull just before you accelerate? If you have high torque, you would feel that pull more. Torque is also referred to as moment of force (I think) so this pull is just the time where it is gaining momentum.

Although frankly, I could be wrong. I am applying my physical understanding of torque on this but it could be that it means something slightly different in motoring.

8. Lounge   -   #3938
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Poor Barbie
    At least you have your phoatieshop talents to fall back on.
    That's Bo you're thinking of.
    I get them mixed up, too.

Easy way to remember is that Bo is black.
    Last edited by manker; 08-09-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Tags: Real name, Bosephus Ambrose

9. Lounge   -   #3939
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I don't think it's about how effective it is at accelerating, it's more about how agressively it does it. Like, you know when you put your foot down and you feel this moment of pull just before you accelerate? If you have high torque, you would feel that pull more. Torque is also referred to as moment of force (I think) so this pull is just the time where it is gaining momentum.

Although frankly, I could be wrong. I am applying my physical understanding of torque on this but it could be that it means something slightly different in motoring.
    So are you gonna get another cat or wot

10. Lounge   -   #3940
    I don't have one at the moment
    So yes.