Page 527 of 545 FirstFirst ... 27427477517524525526527528529530537 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    And that every post on this site is either NBZ spam or devoted to Word Games I now officially know the meaning of hell.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #5262
    I suggest that this thread is closed.....so I can win

3. Lounge   -   #5263
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    And that every post on this site is either NBZ spam or devoted to Word Games I now officially know the meaning of hell.
    At least something good came from all the whining.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #5264
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's an invasion, hands up for anal probing if it's an alien inspired one.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. Lounge   -   #5265
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    At least something good came from all the whining.
    Your wife said some similar in reference to your sex life when she found out she was pregnant.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #5266
    I know ... everyone's a winner

7. Lounge   -   #5267
    madness!

8. Lounge   -   #5268
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    in other words... In late 2010 and early 2011, Aaron Swartz downloaded a large number of scientific articles from JSTOR, with the intention of making them public. At the age of 24, Swartz had more action in favor of freedom of information, the most important probably being involved in stopping SOPA the very harsh and abusive bill to combat "piracy", and publication 2.7 million legal documents that were public in theory, but in practice could only be accessed in a very expensive manner. Also, he was the author of a short and comprehensive manifesto against limiting the access to information and knowledge.
    If for the last action, the publication of legal documents, the FBI failed, ultimately, to find sufficient legal grounds to impeach him for downloading JSTOR articles, prosecutors worked very hard, Swartz's indictments blamed on totaling 50 years in prison plus a huge fine. Meanwhile, prosecutors offered a sentence of six months in prison provided admitting guilt. If Swartz wouldn't have pleaded guilty and was sentenced, his lawyer argued that prosecutors should be required 7-8 years in prison, other experts said it could take more. Very significant is that the inquiry was taken from the beginning by the Secret Service, which says a lot about the importance given by the government, not just for this case, but the issue in general.
    Why this indictment is tougher than the injury crimes or even death, which any normal person would consider more serious? Firstly because it's a lot of money, of course. Scientific publications's editors, make huge profits: one of the largest, Elsevier, had in 2010 a profit of 724 million pounds (about 900 million euro at that time) and a profit of not less than 36%!
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

9. Lounge   -   #5269
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The idea of making scientific journals available to the masses is a good one. However, he did go about "solving" the problem in a rather dumbass way.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #5270
    I'd like to win.